If you're the kind of thinker and leader who wants to bring your contribution to a new level every day, bring yourself over to Optum. You'll discover an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
OptumInsight provides software and information products, advisory consulting services and business process outsourcing to participants in the health care industry. Government agencies, hospitals, physicians, commercial health plans, life sciences companies and other organizations that comprise the health care system work with OptumInsight to reduce costs, meet compliance mandates, improve clinical performance and adapt to the changing health system landscape. Government officials count on Optum to improve the efficiency and quality of their healthcare and human services programs. Our breadth of experience gives us a unique perspective and an unmatched ability to transform the performance of programs and improve the outcomes of the people you serve.
In our State Government Systems business unit, we support forty state Medicaid agencies with an array of effective complex population health services, advanced analytics, policy and program consulting, program integrity services, and to end-to-end solutions for Medicaid and HHS programs. Our goal is to help states drive transformation change for the people in your state. Professionals at this position will have an opportunity to dive deep into existing technology driven systems, partner with various types of stakeholders and drive innovative solutions to positively impact the quality of life for Medicaid supported populations.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Lead and own delivery for the work of assigned development team while contributing as a hands-on software engineer
- Analyze existing software components and create technical documentation
- Work with vendors, business, and technical stakeholders to obtain knowledge of existing systems and processes
- Create and maintain technical artifacts such as data model and technical design specifications
- Perform all phases of software engineering including requirements analysis, application design, code development and testing
- Design and implement product features in collaboration with business and IT stakeholders
- Design and develop reusable components, frameworks and libraries
- Deliver projects using an Agile/Scrum methodology to deliver high-quality software releases every 2 weeks through Sprints
- Leverage agile tools such as Rally to track and manage work to planned priorities and roadmaps
- Work with Product owners, business analysts, architects, developers and other stakeholders to groom & solution features
- Plan development tasks and provide accurate and timely estimates for tasks
- Ensure that all capabilities developed within team satisfies the business requirements as specified
- Identify and implement innovative solutions to non-standard requests and problems
- Review code and approve code merges, providing technical guidance & best practices
- Document and share technical best practices including coding standards and developer guides for chosen tech stack
- Leads projects, mentor, train other team members and facilitate onboarding and ongoing training
- Help hire, develop, grow and retain great engineering talents
- Help the teams improve efficiency, quality and speed of their development processes
- Provide input to forecasting and planning activities
- Ensuring that mature DevOps practices are adopted within the organization
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field
- 10+ years of experience with Object Oriented Design and Development with progressive responsibilities
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with Java, JSP, Microservices and Design patterns
- 3+ years of experience with Oracle PL/SQL and ability to write and tune advanced SQL queries
- 2+ years of experience as a Lead or Senior Software engineer with dev lead responsibilities
- 2+ years of experience with Struts, EJBs and JBoss server
- 2+ years of experience writing unit or integration tests using Junit, etc.
- 2+ year of experience working with Agile Methodology as a Scrum Master
- Experience with agile management tools such as Rally or JIRA
- Experience in working in an onshore/offshore model and managing major programs/multiple projects
- Aware of latest technology trends, engineering processes, practices, and software metrics
- Working knowledge of Git, Jenkins and containerization
- Solid understanding of engineering fundamentals: unit testing, code reviews, agile and DevOps
- Full stack development experience
- Oracle certification
- State Government project experience
- Working knowledge of RESTFul APIs
- Test Driven Development experience
- Experience with Log indexing tools (e.g. ELK stack, Datadog, Splunk, Sumologic)
- Knowledge of Angular and/or React
- UnitedHealth Group/UHC/Optum experience
- Well-honed communication skills, evidenced by successful senior level interactions and presentation experiences
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $79,700 to $142,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Sr Software Engineer, Telecommute, Remote, Work from Home