$500 Stay Bonus offered! Here is how you can jump into exciting opportunities that ensure a memorable and positive experience for our guests and bonus up!
$500 stay bonus will be paid out for actively working to the end of the Aquatica season (10/17/2021).
Come make a big splash with us in one of our exciting Lifeguard Roles! No experience- No worries as on the Job Training is available.
What you get to do:
As an Aquatic Attraction Guard or Shallow Water Guard, you’ll be that extra set of eyes and ears that enable guests to relax and have fun. In addition to monitoring swimming areas and helping guests in distress, you’ll greet and interact with guests, answer questions and resolve guest issues. You will:
- Maintain patron surveillance on water attractions of varying depth (maximum assigned depth based on level of certification), including waterslide dispatch.
- Prevent and respond to guest and ambassador emergencies.
- Maintain an acceptable level of proficiency of park knowledge, water rescue, CPR/AED, and First Aid Skills.
- Attend scheduled in-service training and participate in regular audits to maintain or increase skill level.
- Maintain cleanliness and quality of Aquatica waterpark and support areas.
- Consistently practice safe work habits including, but not limited to use of personal protective equipment, lifting and reporting of unsafe situations.
- Work as part of a team to increase productivity.
- Provide excellent service to guests and ambassadors.
- Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor.
What it takes to succeed:
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule that includes weekdays, weekends, and holidays.
- Must be able to stand and walk in extreme weather conditions for prolonged periods of time.
- Must be successfully pass pre-requisite Swim Test for one of 3 classifications of lifeguard.
- Must be able to obtain an American Red Cross CPR/AED for *Professional Rescuer certification as well as one of the following lifeguarding certifications: Aquatic Attraction Lifeguard (0 – 3 ft), Shallow Water Lifeguard (0 – 5 ft)
- Must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be willing to work as part of a team.
- Must be able to multitask while maintaining a positive attitude to ensure excellent guest services.
- Must be willing to comply with all SEA grooming guidelines and employment standards.
- Must be able to successfully complete all legal, company and department training requirements to include but not limited to passing required tests and certifications within established timelines.
- Above all, you have to be able to keep your cool, sense problem situations and make quick decisions under stressful conditions.
The perks of the position:
As part of the SeaWorld family, you’ll enjoy a fun, fast-paced environment and great teammates, as well as:
- FREE park admission
- Discounted park admission tickets and passes for family and friends
- Park discounts on food, merchandise, etc.
- Free Lifeguard Certification
- Free Lifeguard Uniform
Go from zero to hired in nothing flat!
Getting a job is as easy as can be – you won’t even have to leave your home!
- Start by completing our on-line application
- Receive a link to take our virtual job tryout – be sure to check your spam email
- Self-schedule a “job placement” phone call
- If you meet our criteria, you’ll get a job offer on the spot
- Select a time to come in for on-boarding paperwork
Join the team!
If you’re looking for the opportunity to make the most of your abilities in a one-of-a-kind setting with an entertainment industry leader, we’re looking for you!
Aquatica San Antonio is committed to the health and safety of our guests and team members. We have worked diligently with state and local health officials, outside consultants and attraction industry leaders to enhance our already strict health, safety and cleanliness standards. These protocols and guidelines will be modified based on evolving industry standards and methodologies, public health and governmental directives, and advancing scientific knowledge on the transmissibility of COVID-19.