Who We Are:
Join the Applied Power Division as a Machinist/Sr. Machinist and support teams of Engineers, Scientists, and Analysts on diverse and exciting projects machining components made from a variety of materials. As a member of our team, you will expand your knowledge while learning from others.
Objectives of this Role:
- Manufacture high-quality, tight-tolerance parts to positively impact successful project deliverables.
- Work independently and closely with other staff to perform various tasks.
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities:
- Manufacturing of high-quality, tight-tolerance parts working from complicated drawings with direction.
- Inspect parts for manufacturing defects and adherence to tolerances.
- Operate various manufacturing equipment such as waterjet, CO2 laser and fiber laser.
- Heat treat various metals.
- Apply familiarity of basic machine tool operations and machining processes.
- Move materials and equipment as required for work operations.
- Monthly responsibilities include equipment maintenance as required along with keeping a clean and organized workspace.
- Practice proper safety procedures of machine equipment and wear PPE daily.
- Assisting with general administrative duties include ordering parts, tooling and materials as needed to support various projects.
- Operate mechanical fabrication equipment, including presses, grinders, saws, hand tools and power tools.
- Painting and powder coating a variety of surfaces like aluminum, ferrous metal, electrical parts, and other similar equipment.
- Requires a high school diploma or equivalent
- Machinist certifications preferred and/or related AS degree is preferred
- 2-10 years: Machining precision parts from complicated drawings and verbal descriptions. Fundamental knowledge of all machine tools and machining processes
- Familiarity of current CAD/CAM such as Esprit/Mastercam applications and the ability to address basic machine parameter adjustments is require
- Must be willing to provide support in fieldwork
- Experience with powder coating and automotive painting processes or an interest in learning
- Basic computer skills with Microsoft Office programs required; such as Word, Excel.
- A valid/clear driver's license is required
Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Applicant must be a U.S. citizen.
Job Locations: San Antonio, Texas
For more information about this division, visit the Applied Power home page.
An Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disabled/Veteran
Committed to Diversity in the Workplace