Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
At naviHealth, our mission is to work with extraordinarily talented people who are committed to making a positive and powerful impact on society by transforming health care.
naviHealth is the result of almost two decades of dedicated visionary leaders and innovative organizations challenging the status quo for care transition solutions. We do health care differently and we are changing health care one patient at a time.
The Manager of Healthcare Analytics supports all analytical needs with respect to a portfolio of client relationships. This position is a mid-level, managerial position requiring excellent analytical and communication skills. The position is a key player in collaborating with colleagues across the enterprise to increase member experience and improve outcomes while delivering savings to the healthcare system. As a subject matter expert, the Manager interprets and analyzes healthcare data from various sources and recommends best practices for aggregation and presentation to customers and approaches to managing healthcare cost and increasing naviHealth’s operational efficiency. This position requires critical thinking skills, strategic mindset, attention to detail, understanding of the healthcare environment and an ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Serve as point of contact and subject matter expert for a portfolio of clients
- Manage a team of analysts ensuring reports are accurate and delivered on time
- Research and investigate key business problems through quantitative analyses of utilization and healthcare cost data
- Encourage and promote idea generation in support of the organizational healthcare cost reduction strategies
- Provide management with unbiased advice and opinions related to our medical cost strategy
- Provide data in support of actuarial, financial, and utilization analyses
- Build Solid inter-dependent relationships within the organization as appropriate including business development, finance, clinical operations, and field operations
- Identify best practices and facilitate best practice migration across markets and regions
- Identify and understand business issues and map these issues into quantitative questions
- Explore relevant data sources to understand what metrics can potentially be produced
- Provide insight and guidance into actionable analytic findings through clear, professional, succinct written and oral summaries, tables, charts, reports, and/or presentations
- Create a clear, compelling assessment of root causes and actionable/non-actionable contributing factors
- Develop and mentor team
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required, assigned, or requested
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's degree in Economics, Math, Public Health, Business Administration or a related field required; Master's degree preferred
- 5+ years of experience performing analysis on healthcare data
- 2+ years of experience managing or leading a team
- Extensive knowledge of healthcare industry
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Experience working closely with and influencing senior leadership
- Knowledge of diagnosis, procedure, and similar medical codes and coding practices
- Deep understanding of Medicare
- Advanced skillset with MS Excel, SQL Server, and Tableau for data analysis and reporting
- Proficiency with statistical and database analytic applications
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Solid problem solving and analytical skills
- Exceptional skills in data analysis and interpretation, with the ability to focus on key drivers
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.