Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Manager, Network Contracting negotiates with Pharmaceutical Manufacturers for rebate discounts while working with cross functional internal teams (Finance / Accounting, Clinical, Legal, Contract Specialist, Client Management) to assure that OptumRx is managing Therapeutic Classes, following clinical guidelines, to achieve the lowest net cost for our clients by executing contracts that are following business goals and objectives. This is a challenging, very visible individual contributor role where you can make an impact on healthcare costs. Ideally, candidates will be located at one of our UHG locations, though we may consider a telecommuting role for a stellar candidate.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within United States as you take on some tough challenges.
- Develop, recommend, and execute contracting strategies in a timely manner that meet both short term and long-term objectives and the needs of clients with membership in the Commercial, Medicare, and Managed Medicaid lines of business
- Direct others to assist in resolution of business challenges associated with the prosecution and maintenance of formulary contracts with pharmaceutical manufacturers
- Evaluate, interpret, negotiate, and update contract language associated with the agreements between OptumRx and pharmaceutical manufacturers
- Detailed clinical information associated with various disease states and contracted medications associated with a pharmaceutical company along with all medications that compete within the same category as the contracted medications
- Basic construct of various books of business and how each operate (e.g. Medicare, Commercial, Managed Medicaid)
- The use and differences among formulary utilization management tools
- Financial modeling and analytics associated with therapeutic class reviews and strategies aimed at achieving the lowest net cost for our clients
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3+ years of industry experience in pharmaceutical contracting negotiations, strategy development and contract redlining
- Demonstrated excellent communication, time / project management, problem solving, organizational, and analytical skills
- Proven ability to work on multiple projects or contracts simultaneously while meeting business timelines
- Intermediate level of proficiency working with MS Office
- Advanced degree (MBA or PharmD)
- 3 + years of experience in managed health care or pharmacy benefit management
- Ability to work well and collaboratively, with multiple teams or departments for business growth or profitability goals
- Proven negotiations skills along with a proactive nature and comfort with accountability
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to speak clearly and concisely, conveying complex or technical information in a manner that others can understand, as well as ability to understand and interpret complex information
- Proven interpersonal skills, establishing rapport and working well with others
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with OptumRx. We're one of the largest and most innovative pharmacy benefits managers in the US, serving more than 12 million people nationwide. Here you’ll fill far more than prescriptions. As a member of one of our pharmacy teams, you’re empowered to be your best and do whatever it takes to help each customer. You'll find unrivaled support and training as well as a wealth of growth and development opportunities driven by your performance and limited only by your imagination. Join us. There's no better place to help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $79,700 to $142,600. The salary range for Connecticut/Nevada residents is $87,900 to $156,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Associate Director Industry Relations, Industry Relations, Rebates, Pharmaceutical Contracting Negotiations, Strategy Development, Contract Redlining, Project Management, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Work At Home, Remote, WAH, Irvine, CA, California