Location: San Antonio, TX
Description: Our client is currently seeking a Manufacturing Engineer
- Develop and implement electrical build and testing manufacturing plans and strategies.
- Conduct producibility and variation analyses to ensure that manufacturing process capability matches requirements.
- Analyze design/build concepts to evaluate producible design/build definitions.
- Review Wire Harness Assembly (WHA) engineering design, ensuring producibility of designs and configuration management control (i.e. engineering changes).
- Knowledge, application, experience/use of the WIRS system is desired (familiarity of resident reports a plus).
- Experience with all aspects of Wire Harness Assembly change management / processing / implementation a plus.
This job will have the following responsibilities:
- Experience with Wiring component standards/sourcing/supply base a plus.
- Resolve technical problems of significant impact to performance, cost or schedule.
- Validate and ensure production readiness of solutions to complex problems using lean principles and technologies.
- Perform producibility reviews of Electrical Production Illustration drawings (Wiring Installation Drawings), and Electrical Provisions (support bracketry - details/Assemblies/Installations), ensuring design for manufacturability standards are supported and represented.
- Support integration activities associated with suppliers, process development and/or enhancements, procurement kitting, and data/technology analysis to meet manufacturing and deliverable requirements.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- All aspects of Wire Harness installation, Pre-Installation and Post-Installation Wire Harness Assembly Testing (Fully terminated Wire Harnesses, and Termination performed on aircraft), and the ability to develop wiring tooling requirements based on manufacturing and engineering requirements.
- Familiarity with different aspects of Wire Harness testing desired.
- Wire Harness
- System Troubleshooting experience a plus Knowledge and use of the Integration Visibility Tool (IVT) a plus Knowledge
- Use of wiring testing systems a plus Knowledge of Microsoft Office tools a must; focus being on advanced excel data analytical skills.
- Knowledge of Jira Software, a plus.
- Ability to work under minimal direction.
Contact: [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]