Location: San Antonio, TX
Description: Our client is currently seeking a Manufacturing Planner
This job will have the following responsibilities:
- Plans and leads department/organization processes for developing, implementing and maintaining various manufacturing plans, Bill of Materials, work instructions and illustrations to define and document as-built configuration.
- Develops and plans manufacturing concepts and strategies to support business objectives.
- Prepares build analyses and cost estimate reports.
- Leads integration of complex suppliers, processes, materials, data and technology to meet manufacturing and delivery requirements.
- Participates in source selection to ensure manufacturing requirements are met.
- Develops complex tooling requirements based on manufacturing and engineering requirements.
- Manages tooling from initial design to end of use disposition.
- Leads investigation and resolution of complex or systemic manufacturing related issues.
- Leads teams performing producibility assessments of design concepts.
- Supports enterprise level benchmarking to incorporate best practices.
- Leads development of complex work statements and sequencing of events to support delivery commitments.
- Develops scheduling templates for use by others.
- Drafts, updates and reviews processes and procedures to support business and regulatory agency requirements.
- Develops and documents new job practices, techniques and standards.
- Works under minimal direction.
- Review Wire Harness Assembly (WHA) engineering design releases, ensuring producibility of designs and configuration management control (i.e. engineering changes).
- Knowledge & application experience/use of the WIRS system is desired (familiarity of resident reports a plus).
- Experience with all aspects of Wire Harness Assembly change management / processing / implementation a plus.
- Knowledge & demonstrated use of the WIRS system and Integration Visibility Tool (IVT) desired.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Experience with Wiring component standards/sourcing/supply base a plus.
- all aspects of Wire Harness installation, Pre-Installation and Post-Installation Wire Harness Assembly Testing (Fully terminated Wire Harnesses, and Termination performed on aircraft), and the ability to develop wiring tooling requirements based on manufacturing and engineering requirements.
- Experience / familiarity with different aspects of Wire Harness testing desired.
- General experience with typical committed change processes, and the ability to author impact statements in support of, desired.
- Experience / familiarity with certificate of conformance, and conformity support actions in general, a plus.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office tools a must; focus being on advanced excel data analytical skills.
- Knowledge of Jira Software, a plus.
- Ability to work under minimal direction.
- Able to work within team assigned, and possess the experience to know when to reach out to other teams when warranted.
Contact: [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]