PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking a Manufacturing Planner in San Antonio, TX.
- Plans and leads department/organization processes for developing, implementing and maintaining various manufacturing plans, Bill of Materials, work instructions and illustrations to define and document as-built configuration.
- Develops and plans manufacturing concepts and strategies to support business objectives.
- Prepares build analyses and cost estimate reports.
- Leads integration of complex suppliers, processes, materials, data and technology to meet manufacturing and delivery requirements.
- Participates in source selection to ensure manufacturing requirements are met.
- Develops complex tooling requirements based on manufacturing and engineering requirements.
- Manages tooling from initial design to end of use disposition.
- Leads investigation and resolution of complex or systemic manufacturing related issues.
- Leads teams performing producibility assessments of design concepts.
- Supports enterprise level benchmarking to incorporate best practices.
- Leads development of complex work statements and sequencing of events to support delivery commitments.
- Develops scheduling templates for use by others.
- Drafts, updates and reviews processes and procedures to support business and regulatory agency requirements.
- Develops and documents new job practices, techniques and standards. Works under minimal direction.
- Review Wire Harness Assembly (WHA) engineering design releases, ensuring producibility of designs and configuration management control (i.e. engineering changes).
- Support and drive the development, implementation, and maintaining of Electrical build plans, Bill of Materials, and Work Instructions to define and document the as-built airplane configuration.
- Support integration activities associated with suppliers, process development and/or enhancements, procurement kitting, and data/technology analysis to meet manufacturing and deliverable requirements.
- Experience / Familiarity with all aspects of Wire Harness installation, Pre-Installation, and Post-Installation Wire Harness Assembly Testing (Fully terminated Wire Harnesses, and Termination performed on aircraft), and the ability to develop wiring tooling requirements based on manufacturing and engineering requirements. Experience/familiarity with different aspects of Wire Harness testing desired.
- General experience with typical committed change processes, and the ability to author impact statements in support of, desired.
- Experience/familiarity with a certificate of conformance, and conformity support actions in general, a plus.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office tools is a must; focus being on advanced excel data analytical skills.
- Knowledge of Jira Software, a plus.
- Ability to work under minimal direction. Able to work within the team assigned, and possess the experience to know when to reach out to other teams when warranted.
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$