Do you have compassionand a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives asa result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring toachieve your life's best work.(sm)
The MedicalDirector will be responsible for providing leadership, oversight and transitionof the acquisition process to the implementation and integration teams inconjunction with Enterprise Development Teams for the acquired clinics acrossmultiple geographies. Reporting directly to the Chief Medical Officer forAcquisitions and Physician Development and indirectly to the WellMed MedicalManagement, Inc. President.
1. Assists in theidentification of potential physician practice acquisitions acrossorganizational markets.
2. Evaluates and makesrecommendations for business development and expansion opportunities withinassigned territories.
3. Ensures successfultransformation of any acquired clinics from a primarily FFS practice to amanaged care practice through the clinic integration process.
4. Maintains professionalaffiliations and enhances professional growth and development to remain currentin the changing healthcare trends as related to management of clinic operationsand integration efforts.
5. Develops and maintain acollegial relationships with physicians (employed and contracted) in order tosupport the business efforts of the organization.
6. Collaborates with MarketOperations and Provider Relations staff in the market(s).
7. Assist driving alignedperformance through the development of meaningful relationships, financial andquality incentives, best practices, forward thinking solutions to improve ourvalue proposition to medical providers
8. Provides a centralized focusfor organizational strategy, leadership and accountability as it relates toacquisition project management and transition initiatives for newly acquiredclinics.
9. Recommends, develops andimplements strategic long-range planning process in regards to acquisitionmanagement components in support of company-wide mission and goals.
10. Evaluates and makesrecommendations for business development and expansion.
11. Performs all other relatedduties as assigned.
12. Facilitates and leadshigh-level transition process to communicate and manage provider expectationsin regard to clinic transition and implementation in accordance with thesupport of the President, WMG. Facilitates relationship with Clinic Integrationand Implementation team to triage culture needs and development ofindividualized implementation plan.
13. Defines structure andprocess and coordinates team with subject matter expertise to manageacquisition activities and due diligence plans. Ensures key milestones are metby support functions and works to resolve issues and roadblocks.
14. Ensures due diligence isprogressing through management of M&A/Strategic Planning Team.
15. Oversees and ensuresdevelopment of transition or continuation plan and handoff to appropriateintegration, implementation and operations functions.
16. Directly supportsAcquisition strategy and coordinates with implementation strategy andidentifies potential risks and issues related to integration planning,timelines, cultural integration and functional areas.
17. Drives and directspre-close transition plan and ensures seamless handoff to Integration andImplementation Team and Market Leadership
18. Acts as the primary pointof contact to adjust acquisition and transition plans while identifying ongoingissues, concerns and gaps to ensure alignment of objectives. Works with ClinicIntegration and Implementation team and Market Leadership to ensure effectiveresolution.
19. Maintains on-goingrelationship with providers to ensure smooth transition and effectiveintegration. Works closely with Clinic Integration and Implementation Team onnon-operations issues and drives day to day execution of the transitionprocess, including driving pro-active issue resolution
20. Directs post implementationteam audit and physician satisfaction surveys and reviews feedback to assesseffective handoff to Market Leadership and Operations team. Develops plan toaddress gaps, dis-satisfiers, inconsistencies and additional training needs.
21. Conducts post integrationevaluation of plan and process and implements appropriate changes on ago-forward basis. Communicates results and best practices to support functionsand amends processes
You'll be rewarded andrecognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you andgive you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well asprovide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) or Doctor of Osteopathy (D.O.) required
- Five or more years of clinical experience, including two or more years of managed care experience
- Active, unrestricted medical license in applicable state(s), or ability to obtain licenses rapidly
- Current board certification
- Valid DEA required
- This position requires Tuberculosis screening as well as proof of immunity to Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis through lab confirmation of immunity, documented evidence of vaccination, or a doctor's diagnosis of disease
- Two or more years managed care experience
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) fluency preferred
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 240,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Geriatric, Primary, care, physician, PCP, doctor, MD, DEA, osteopathy, Texas, TX, medical director