Pediatric Bone Marrow Transplant
Sarah Cannon Transplant and Cellular Therapy Program is seeking a pediatric bone marrow transplant medical director to lead our growing practice in San Antonio, TX.
- Strong pediatric hematology/oncology experience
- Board certified in pediatric hematology/oncology
- Fellowship trained in pediatric blood and marrow transplantation
- Texas license eligible
- Work alongside six adult transplant physicians and three pediatric transplant physicians as members of the Texas Transplant Institute
- Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits to include: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability, malpractice insurance
- 401k retirement plan with employer contribution
- Generous PTO plan
- Continuing Medical Education, DEA & medical license reimbursement
- Commencement bonus and relocation expense reimbursement
About Methodist Children’s Hospital Pediatric and Bone Marrow Stem Cell Transplant Program:
- The Methodist Children’s Hospital Pediatric Blood and Marrow Stem Cell Transplant Program is the only FACT accredited program of its kind in South Texas and one of the clinically busier in the country
- Since the program’s founding in 1993, the expert medical staff have completed over 750+ marrow transplants, ranking us among the most experienced programs in the nation
- Our program was the first in North America to be accredited by the Foundation for the Accreditation of Cellular Therapy (FACT)
- The Peds BMT program has three attending pediatric transplant physicians and three APPs and is fully supported with RN coordinators, two dedicated BMT outpatient nurses, and an experienced and compassionate BMT-dedicated staff set in a 12 bed HEPA-filtered transplant unit in Methodist Children’s Hospital
- Peds BMT Unit is fully telehealth developed with capability in each transplant room. Long term follow-up clinics are robust and well developed
- The Peds BMT program is operating with 2017, 2018 1-year overall survival of 90% and performed 45 transplants in 2019
- Gene therapy for SCD and IECT/cellular programs operating and growing.
- The Sarah Cannon Transplant and Cellular Therapy Network offers patients convenient, community-based access to complex blood cancer care, hematopoietic cell transplant (HCT), clinical trials, and innovative therapies such as immune effector cell therapy (IECT).
- The Sarah Cannon Transplant and Cellular Therapy Network is the largest cellular therapy network performing HCT and IECT and performs ~ 1,200 HCTs per year across its eight FACT/JACIE accredited programs located throughout the United States and United Kingdom
San Antonio is home to 2.5 million people and is experiencing solid economic growth in industries such as bioscience and healthcare, aerospace, IT and cybersecurity and green technologies. San Antonio's MSA is expected to add up to 1.1 million new residents and 500,000 new jobs by 2040. This growing city offers big-city amenities and world-renowned attractions coupled with a relaxed and inviting atmosphere for all ages. San Antonio residents also enjoy a cost of living slightly below the national average due to lower housing costs, as well as no state income tax.
HCA Healthcare is a collaborative healthcare network, driven by physicians, nurses and colleagues helping each other champion the practice of medicine to give people a healthier tomorrow. With a comprehensive network of more than 270,000 people across approximately 1,800 care facilities, our scale enables us to deliver great outcomes for our patients, provide superior nursing care and be a preferred place for physicians to practice medicine. We never stop in our pursuit of insights and care advances based on the knowledge and data we gain from approximately 30 million patient encounters a year. Every day, we raise the bar to improve the way healthcare is delivered, not just in our facilities, but everywhere. We’re committed to improving more lives in more ways, and above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life.