Up to $5,000 Sign On Bonus available based on experience
Processes and tests all types of laboratory specimens;
Reviews and reports lab results.
Performs operational duties, maintenance and advanced troubleshooting of laboratory instrumentation and equipment.
Acts as resource to other laboratory personnel.
Advanced responsiblities include, but not limited to: equipment validation and implementation; employee training and competency assessment; regulatory compliance, responsibilities for CAP, TCJ, AABB or other accreditating agencies, point of care testing, quality assurance, quality control and instrument maintenance.
- Processes and tests all types of laboratory specimens.
- Reviews and reports lab results.
- Performs operational duties, maintenance and advanced troubleshooting of laboratory instrumentation and equipment.
- Acts as resource to other laboratory personnel.
- Provides direction to other laboratory staff that may include medical laboratory technicians and technologists.
- Will provide input on staff evaluations as requested.
- Maintains a complete and up to date procedure manuals.
- Achieves ongoing compliance with regulatory agencies.
- In high volume core laboratories, will work in multiple departments/sections or multiple facilities within a market, as requested.
- Completes other duties assigned by laboratory supervisor or director.
- Will service as point of care coordinator for non-laboratory tests, as requested.
Required: Bachelor’s Degree from an approved college or university and/or graduate of an accredited school of medical technology, or equivalent such as military training as defined by 42 CFR 493.1489, or have qualified at the Medical Technologist level by achieving a satisfactory grade on a HHS examination prior to 2/28/92 42 CFR 493.1491. The above meets required criteria as defined by CLIA regulations for High Complexity testing (42 CFR 493.1489 and 42 CFR 493.1491).
Required: 3 years as a medical technologist in acute care facility with demonstration of increasing responsibilities.
Required: Registered with an approved certifying agency (ASCP, NCA, AMT or CSMLS within 12 months of hire). Equivalency evaluation by ECE, NACES or AICE for non-US trained personnel must be completed within 30 days of hire. Licensure, as required by State.
Tenet complies with federal, state, and/or local laws regarding mandatory vaccination of its workforce. If you are offered this position and must be vaccinated under any applicable law, you will be required to show proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval of a religious or medical exemption prior to your start date. If you receive an exemption from the vaccination requirement, you will be required to submit to regular testing in accordance with the law.
Job: Med Tech
Primary Location: San Antonio, Texas
Facility: St. Luke's Baptist Hospital
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Days