SWBC is seeking a talented individual to perform accounting duties related to the daily activities of SWBC Mortgage Corporation, including, but not limited to, preparation and posting of accounting entries for funding and financing of mortgage loans, commissions, bonuses and overrides. This role submits warehouse funding requests, reconciliation of general ledger balances, and month end general ledger closing processes.
Why you'll love this role:
In this role, you will communicate with key stakeholder and you will have the opportunity to learn and grow professionally. You will be part of a collaborative, engaged and hard-working team who shares ideas, promotes change and growth, and who is focused on and dedicated to providing excellence.
Essential duties include the following:
- Monitors and reconciles assigned general ledger accounts to include researching and resolving outstanding entries notifying the manager and the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) of possible issues or losses.
- Coordinates and transmits wire requests to the warehouse banks in accordance with banking facility covenants and established corporate boundaries utilizing various banking software.
- Sets up various commission/bonus/override profiles, prepares bi weekly commission/bonus/override payments, provides commission statements to mortgage personnel and prepares the file for payroll.
- Ensures reconciliations and journal entries are completed within the closing schedule timeline by coordinating with other accounting staff members.
- Audits income and posts loans for download to general ledger system.
- Processes wire transfers and records the associated journal entries.
- Prepares and maintains desktop procedures.
- Reconciles the SWBC Mortgage inter-company payable account to the parent company receivable account.
- Analyzes and records the associated inter-company entries for SWBC Mortgage.
- Participates in training and coaching for department cross training.
- Assists with gathering and providing requested documentation for the external auditors.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Serious candidates will possess the minimum qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting from an accredited four-year college or university.
- Minimum one (1) year of experience in accounting or related experience.
- Knowledge of basic figures to reconcile loan balances.
- Proficient Microsoft Office skills, including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Proficient Adobe Acrobat skills.
- Proficient Workday skills.
- Excellent data entry, analytical, and organizational skills.
- Excellent listening and multi-tasking skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to use basic office equipment, including copy machine, personal computer, and fax.
- Able to type 35 WPM.
- Able to travel locally or nationally by car or plane.
- Able to sit for long periods of time performing sedentary activities.
- Able to stand, stoop, and kneel to file for long periods of time.
- Able to push, pull, and lift up to 20 lbs. of files, supplies, documents, or other related items.
- Competitive overall compensation package
- Work/Life balance
- Employee engagement activities and recognition awards
- Years of Service awards
- Career enhancement and growth opportunities
- Emerging Professionals and Mentor Program
- Continuing education and career certifications
- Variety of healthcare coverage options
- Traditional and Roth 401(k) retirement plans
- Lucrative Wellness Program
*Based upon employee eligibility