Are you looking to take your career from good to great? As an employee of PenFed, every day is an opportunity to thrive, and be part of a team working to ensure our organization is providing world class service to our members, employees, and our communities. We exist to help our members realize their full potential, educate and encourage their dreams, and make every effort to follow our mission and help our members “do better.” Joining PenFed is more than being an employee; it’s about being a part of the PenFed family.
PenFed is hiring a Mulesoft Engineer II in San Antonio, Texas with remote options available. The primary purpose of this position is to perform complex technical analysis, design, development and support of new and existing services/APIs on the MuleSoft platform.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Implement systems in a phased approach of requirements analysis, system design review, build, integration, and testing.
- Lead the development of product/project requirements and success criteria as part of the team.
- Provide escalation support to troubleshoot, maintain systems and resolve issues and outages.
- Develop and maintain proper documentation including configuration specifics and procedures, for implementation and ongoing operation/maintenance of solutions.
- Perform routine operational tasks, verifying the confidentiality, integrity and availability of all hardware, resources, systems, and key processes.
- Review system and application logs, and verify completion of scheduled jobs.
- Serve as a key team member using existing technical knowledge and have the skills to perform projects independently.
- Interact with senior engineers, management, vendors and other stakeholders to identify areas of improvement for operational efficiency.
- Accountable for delivering all assigned tasks and projects.
- Participate in the planning and design of an enterprise Business Continuity Plan and Disaster Recovery Plan.
- Comply with Security, Incident Management and Change Management procedures and reporting practices.
- Maintain up-to-date detailed knowledge of the IT industry as it relates to the technologies and processes in your domain.
- Develop and maintain secure configuration and operations of in-place systems according to industry best practices.
- Participate in design discussions and ensure that designs are aligned with the PenFed Secure By Design philosophy, the PenFed architecture, and also the current roadmap.
- Remain an active learner in technologies related to your domain and relevant organizational knowledge.
- Assists junior and subordinate staff in order to develop staff capabilities.
- Participates in on-call 24X7 support as needed in the event of system outage or failure.
- Develop and integrate Restful APIs on the Mulesoft platform to enable seamless digital experiences
- Must possess working knowledge of one or more programming languages
- Implement changes according to IT design and specifications under the guidance of senior staff and designated project leaders
- Participate in the integration, testing, maintenance and operation of systems
- Proficient in writing clear, readable code and building prototypes
- Knowledge of the major peripheral systems that work in conjunction with services.
- Adjust priorities as required to meet business requirements and deadlines
- Provides mentoring and oversight to less experienced engineers
- May act as project lead or receive work assignments from designated project leaders.
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred.
- In lieu of a degree, combination of education and a minimum of six (6) years of related work experience is required that provides the necessary skills and knowledge to perform all the essential job functions.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate with team members.
- Effective time management, independent problem solving and multi-tasking skills.
- Must be able to present system designs for user approval at formal reviews.
- Strong problem solving and analytic skills.
- Application Engineers are responsible for the design, development an implementation of secure and highly available applications
- Seeks out new challenges that require risk taking. Determines the resources, team support, and technical needs necessary to enable success and procures them. Keeps responding to the challenge in spite of obstacles and setbacks.
- Applies simple problem-solving methodologies to diagnose and solve operational and interpersonal problems. Determines the potential causes of the problem and devises testing methodologies for validation. Shows empathy and objectivity toward individuals involved in the issue. Analyzes multiple alternatives, risks and benefits for a range of potential solutions. Recommends resource requirements and collaborates with impacted stakeholders.
- Demonstrates operational agility. Uses organizational systems that result in multiple critical activities to be identified and completed on time.
- Renegotiates priorities as necessary. Ensures non-functional requirements are captured and systems are put in place to monitor and detect errors and problems. Tests and inspects outputs, and applies quality checks prior to work submission.
- Experience in Mule 3.0 or Mule 4.0 development to include design and development of custom Mule connectors
- Experience integrating using Salesforce, Database, HDFS, and batch connectors
- Scripting languages such as Dataweave, Python, Ruby, Bash, or Perl
- MS SQL
- Cloud based hosting solutions (AWS-EC2/ECS, Azure, Google Cloud)
- Developing automation workflows and routines using open source tools (i.e. Selenium)
- Large-scale software implementation (high transaction volume, high availability concepts)
- Windows, Linux server automation and scripting
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise.
*Most roles require working in an office setting with moderate noise and the ability to lift 25 pounds.*
Ability to travel to various worksites and be on-call is required.
Special Message Regarding COVID 19
PenFed is continuing to hire and train exceptional individuals to help us serve our 2 million members both here and around the world. In light of the current situation with novel coronavirus (COVID-19), we have modified our hiring, onboarding, training, and deployment protocols in order to comply with current local and state guidance around social distancing.
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 2 million members and over $26 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico and Okinawa. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed management will maintain and observe personnel policies which will not discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 240-224-4256.