UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Dental Network Contractor develops the provider network yielding a geographically competitive, broad access, stable network that achieves objectives for unit cost performance and trend management, and produces an affordable and predictable product for customers and business partners. Dental Network Contractors evaluate and negotiate contracts in compliance with company contract templates, reimbursement structure standards, and other key process controls. Responsibilities also include establishing and maintaining solid business relationships with the providers in the network and ensuring the network composition includes an appropriate distribution of provider specialties.
If you are located in IA, IL, IN, KS, KY, MI, MN, NE, ND, OH, OK, SD, TX, or WI, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Manage unit cost budgets, target setting, performance reporting and associated financial models
- Help develop geographically competitive, broad access, stable networks that achieve objectives for unit cost performance and trend management
- Evaluate and negotiate contracts in compliance with company templates, reimbursement structure standards, and other key process controls
- Ensure that network composition includes an appropriate distribution of provider specialties
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience in network contracting and/or sales/call center background
- Proficient utilizing MS Office applications (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Reside in IA, IL, IN, KS, KY, MI, MN, NE, ND, OH, OK, SD, TX, or WI
- 3+ years of experience in a network management-related role, such as contracting, or provider services
- Knowledge of Medicare and Commercial Plans
- Experience using financial models and analysis to negotiate rates with providers
- Experience in performing network adequacy analysis
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Ntwk Contrctr, Healthcare Ops, Network Contracting & Pricing, Prvdr Contracting & Ntwk Dvlpm, IA, IL, IN, KS, KY, MI, MN, NE, ND, OH, OK, SD, TX, or WI San Antonio, Texas, Iowa, Illinois, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Texas, WFH, work from home, work at home, telecommute, telecommuter, telecommuting, remote