Position Title: Network Consulting Engineer
Position Number: 368969
Location: Work at Home 99999
Position Type: Temporary
Required Skill Set:
Network Administration, Network Planning
**Only U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. can be considered as W2 candidates.**
Title: network Consulting Engineer
Duration: 6th month
What you''''ll Do:
We are seeking a network Consulting Engineer to join our Customer Experience team to support major SP telecoms customers. You will be providing remote and onsite technical support for Cisco’s NFV based mobility platforms.
The Mobility NCE delivers the technologies, solutions and services Service Provider customers need to expertly manage their 5G / 4G / 3G networks. The ideal candidate is a creative problem solver and system designer.
NCE must possess a mix of broad networking knowledge, virtualized platforms and specific expertise with Mobile Data Networks, as well as excellent Customer Relationship Management.
1. TMO specific: Ultra / CUPS / 5G
In order to replace existing RBs, any resource coming in must have the equivalent skill sets that would guarantee smooth project transition. Learning on the job is not desirable
• 2019 TMO Ultra Core Platform
• TMO CUPS deployment details and operational practices
• TMO 5G deployment details and operational practices
2. Evolved Packet Core Experience
Minimum 3 years in system design, deployment and test. Capable of architecting Packet Core Networks and understanding the end-to-end network architecture including:
• Cisco starOS preferred
• SMF / UPF / AMF / MME, SAEGW, SPGW, ePDG, SaMOG
• 3GPP standards
• 5G / CUPS / LTE / GSM / CDMA
• Subscriber Policy (HSS / HLR)
• Offline / Online Charging architectures (such as PCRF Gx and OCS Gy, interfaces)
• OSS and BSS Protocols for billing and provisioning interfaces (Gz, SOAP, Rest)
• Deep Packet Inspection and enhanced charging principles (Rating groups, redirect etc.)
3. Virtualized Platform principles / Cloud Native Architecture
• Dockers / Kubernetes
• Containers / Microservices principles
• NFVi / VNF / NSO / ESC
• RedHat / OpenStack / CEPH / RHEL
• yaml config creation
Cisco UCS, CVIM and Cisco Ultra specific experience if available
4. Data Center deployment as required for virtualized platforms
• TCP / UDP / IP - Layer 1-3 functionality
• Leaf-Spine Architectures, ToR (Top of Rack interface), CIQ
• Experience with Dynamic Routing protocols (OSPF, BGP, etc)
5. NSO Automation
• NSO Automation ready Skills for EPC (starOS)Tools / scripting languages. (Python, Perl, etc)
Additional Skills preferred
? Expertise with Linux and various scripting languages.
? Interoperability Testing (IOT) methodologies
? Strong Communication and Presentation skills to major telecoms SP organization
? Day2 – understanding of larger operator Day2, troubleshooting, reporting and bug fix practices
Who you''''ll work with
You will work very closely with our Cisco NCEs as well as the Service Delivery Management and PM teams aligned to this engagement.
In this role, you will design, test and deploy network products into our customer networks.
HLD / LLD / CIQ / configs / Test Plans / FOA testing
You will establish and maintain close relationships with your internal Cisco peers, (Fellow NCEs, Development Engineers, Product Engineers SDMs, PMs), and most importantly the Customer in an ongoing basis, as well as their Leadership team.
Here are some technical responsibilities of the role:
Who you are
First and foremost you enjoy deploying networks from design, planning to delivery, troubleshooting and solving problems. You also possess an in-depth knowledge of Wireless, cellular and WiFi technologies. You have experience giving onsite technical support to customers and able to communicate with all management levels when necessary. You also work independently, receiving minimal supervision, with no instruction on routine work and with general instruction on new assignments.
Owns the delivery outcome. Owns the customer experience.