Are you looking for a career that gives you a work life balance and allows you to make an impact in someone else's life? Does the work you do everyday matter to you? At C of C Pediatrics', the work our therapists do creates value in the lives of the children and families that we serve. You can make a difference every day. We are looking for a dedicated and passionate Occupational Therapist to join our team.
What makes us different?
Dedicated support from the corporate office, even after hours.
The organization is run by a therapist, so we understand the challenges you go through on a day-to-day basis.
Mentor program, whether you are a new grad, or an experienced Occupational Therapist we can pair you with an amazing therapist to help you succeed.
Job Summary for Occupational Therapists:
The occupational therapist is a qualified professional person who directs, supervises, evaluates, and provides occupational therapy services to patients at the clinic as prescribed by the attending physician
* Executive Council for Physical Therapy and Occupational Therapy Examiners (ECPTOTE)
* At least a bachelor's degree
* One (1) full year of supervised work experience preferred
* Licensure or certification by the state of Texas as an OTR (Registered Occupational Therapist)
1. Participate in the development and periodic revision of the plan of care
2. Schedules, plans activities, and provides rehabilitative services for occupational therapy
3. Records type of treatment and patient's reaction to it on clinical/progress notes, which are written on the day of the visit and incorporated in the patient's record weekly
4. Maintains adequate records on all patient's, including summary reports
5. Utilizes community resources and Clinic personnel for proper referral
6. Selects and administers diagnostic and therapeutic techniques and materials
7. Instructs and counsels other health team personnel and family members in methods of assisting patient in improving, correcting, and accepting his/her disabilities
8. Supervise the COTA as follows: Follow guidelines for supervision as outlined by the Executive Council for Physical Therapy and Occupational Therapy Examiners
9. Participates in staff development activities and in-service education as requested
10. Confirms, on a weekly basis, the scheduling of visits with the Office Manager to coordinate necessary visits with other personnel
11. Notifies the Clinic of absences due to illness, emergency leave, normal vacation periods, or special professional meetings, which will all affect agreed services with the Clinic
12. Participates with staff, patient, and physician in discharge planning activities and completes the occupational therapy discharge summary within the designated framework of the Clinic policies
The Occupational Therapist reports directly to the Director of Rehabilitation