Valero provides the energy to take people anywhere they want to go around the globe. Our 10,000 employees work together as a team with the single goal of maintaining our status as a top petroleum refiner and ethanol producer. As an employee at Valero, not only will you have an opportunity to impact people’s lives through the products we manufacture in a safe, reliable environment, you will also be a part of a culture that thrives on positively impacting the people in the communities where we live and work.
The solutions are sometimes termed Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) Systems and/or Terminal Load Systems. These technologies need to be stable and reliable and are composed of a complex infrastructure made up of servers, network equipment, communication methods, field devices, and software applications. Among other things, these applications require skilled support personnel to maintain the stability of the system.
As an OS Infrastructure Specialist, you will have the opportunity to configure, install, and maintenance of VTDC’s SCADA and Load Systems. Included in these systems are network hardware/software, server hardware/software, desktop hardware/software, distributed control systems (DCSs), graphical user interfaces (GUIs), programmable logic controllers (PLCs), flow computers (FCs), Variable Frequency Drives (VFDs), motor controllers, pressure/temperature/measurement/level devices, paperless chart recorders, and the associated reporting
Key Competencies required for this position are :
• Problem Solving
• Results Orientation
• Interpersonal Skills
Our goal at Valero is to continue to be the premier manufacturer, distributor, and marketer of quality transportation fuels and petrochemical feedstocks while serving the needs of our employees, communities, and stakeholders.
To contribute toward these goals and be successful in this role, the candidate should :
- Participate in delivering technical direction for DCS/PLC programming via the Cause & Effect and Controls Narrative.
- Use cyber activities within the SCADA and Load System environment to include : Vulnerability Scanning, Policy Maintenance, OS Patching and Testing, 3rd Party Patching and Testing, and reporting the Infrastructures Key Performance Indicators (KPIs). Ability to abide by confidentiality requirements when working with sensitive information, results, and communications.
- Configure, test, and implement the DCS/PLC solution.
- Build out of the Testing Manuals for the SCADA and Load System installs to insure proper testing before start-ups.
This position is salaried exempt status, which means you are not eligible for overtime pay.
Successful candidates will have :
- High school diploma or GED.
- 4 years of experience with network equipment such as firewalls, routers, switches.
- 4 years of experience with Operating systems such as Microsoft Office and Red Hat.
- 4 years of experience with Visual Basic, C, Pascal programming languages, and Web-based products.
The most competitive candidates will have :
- Bachelor’s or higher-level degree.
Need more reasons to work for a company that is both professionally challenging and culturally rewarding, take a look at some of our best-in-class benefits :
- Competitive Pay and Annual Bonus Program
- 100% match on 401(K) up to 7%, with immediate vesting
- Company-sponsored Pension Plan
- Comprehensive Healthcare and Wellness Programs
- Onsite Daycare Center
- Onsite Employee & Family Wellness Center
- State-of-the-art 24-hour Fitness Center free for employees and spouses with access to Tennis and Basketball Facilities
- Onsite cafeteria open for breakfast and lunch
- Sprawling campus with walking paths and access to biking/hiking on the greenbelt
Position level and salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Valero's employees are the heart of its success, and there is a reason why the company is an employer of choice in the fuels manufacturing and marketing industry. It’s not just the excellent benefits package, or the opportunities for personal growth, it’s also the caring and committed culture of the organization that makes everyone feel like they’re truly part of a team. For more information, visit Valero.com.
Valero is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status including sexual orientation, gender identity, Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and protected Veterans.