WHO WE ARE
We are Xome, a real estate services company headquartered in the Dallas, Texas area. As a subsidiary of Mr. Cooper Group, we employ over 1,200 team members nationwide. The nation's largest financial services companies look to us for integrated and scalable business solutions that help simplify the mortgage and real estate process.
At the heart of everything we do is our purpose: To keep the dream of home ownership alive. If that sounds like a big, lofty goal, that's because it really is. And we can't do it alone. Our entire team is focused on helping create a stable and healthy housing industry. And, making sure the process of buying/selling a home doesn't undermine the excitement of home ownership. That's why we battle every day against the mediocrity of the status quo to simplify the complex world of mortgage servicing, lending and banking. We see ourselves as the experts who make doing business easier. While others bring complexity and a lack of transparency, we offer simplicity, trust, and visibility across the entire property lifecycle. And we deliver radical customer service.
Now, you might be wondering; how exactly do you pronounce Xome? Simple. ZOM (like home, if it started with a z)!
This position assists Xome's Legal Department in the areas of corporate governance, subsidiary maintenance, licensing, compliance, change of law and corporate transactions.
Corporate Governance and Subsidiary Maintenance:
- Overseeing and maintaining corporate governance compliance, including preparing materials for the Company and its subsidiaries' governing bodies (such as resolutions, unanimous written consents, secretary's certificates, etc.), and maintaining corporate minute books, corporate organization charts and officer slates.
- Performing traditional corporate paralegal duties, including subsidiary maintenance such as forming, qualifying and dissolving corporations, limited liability companies and joint ventures, and drafting articles of incorporation, certificates of formation, bylaws, stock certificates and other organizational documents for subsidiaries.
- Acting as liaison to registered agents and other service providers to ensure products and services are meeting the needs of the Company.
- Assembling information and documents in response to various independent auditor, administrative and regulatory agency requests.
- Assisting with other projects and matters assigned as needed
- Coordinating the receipt and review of license and permit applications and renewal applications.
- Ensuring compliance with applicable policies, administrative regulations and statutes.
- Communicating with external and internal customers.
- Maintaining records, compiling information and ensuring timely submission of materials to state agencies in order to obtain and maintain entity and agent licenses promptly and efficiently.
Change of Law:
- Monitoring and completing preliminary review of changes in regulations and laws.
- Logging and tracking changes.
- Coordinating legal review and business remediation and activity.
- Work with Enterprise Risk & Compliance to ensure business compliance.
- Conducting research and analysis of a variety of compliance and legal matters.
- Conducting audits to ensure compliance with regulations and controls.
- Developing and writing audit tools, audit work papers and memorandums.
- Communicating with internal departments regarding findings, issues and audit outcomes.
- Assisting with mergers and acquisitions, financing and divestiture transactions, including preparing and tracking documents, obtaining signatures and assisting with transaction closings and integration.
- Preparing and revising confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements relating to transactions.
- Maintaining financial agreements, confidentiality, non-solicitation and restrictive covenant databases.
- Assisting with closings and post-closing matters.
- Assisting with other projects and matters assigned as needed.
Xome is committed to nurturing a diverse and inclusive environment where every employee is empowered to be their authentic self. We know that a large part of our success as a business is directly tied to our ongoing efforts to attract and retain diverse talent and maintain an inclusive environment where each employee can thrive. Embracing and leveraging diversity through an inclusive work environment fosters new ideas, new insights, and constant innovation. We strive to weave the principles of diversity and inclusion throughout the fabric of how we work, how we interact, and how we engage with our customers and the community.
Job Requisition ID:
Primary Location City:
Primary Location Region:
Primary Location Postal Code:
Primary Location Country:
United States of America
Additional Posting Location(s):