About our Company:
Located on a quiet stretch of San Antonio's River Walk, Hotel Havana is a 27-room historic property restored from a 1914 upscale residential hotel. Paying homage to its original spirit, each of the unique guest rooms and public spaces reflects a combination of Mediterranean Revival architecture, rich Spanish Colonial history, and calm Caribbean temperament, making Hotel Havana one of the most authentic places to stay in San Antonio. Hotel Havana also offers two distinct venues: Ocho, a glass-enclosed restaurant serving pan-Latin and San Antonio-fused cuisine with river views, along with Havana Bar, the downstairs cocktail lounge with velvet couches and antique leather club chairs.
Hotel Havana is proud to be a part of Bunkhouse, a hospitality company that believes in inspired design, connection to place, and the value of community. Bunkhouse has designed and developed a celebrated portfolio of hospitality projects including: Hotel San Jos, Hotel Saint Cecilia, Austin Motel, Hotel Magdalena, Carpenter Hotel, Fair Market, and Jo's Coffee in Austin; Hotel Havana and Ocho in San Antonio; El Cosmico in Marfa, Texas; The Phoenix Hotel in San Francisco, California; Hotel San Cristbal in Baja, Mexico; and Shady Villa Hotel in Salado, Texas.
We're looking for:
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* Ability to create documents in Excel and Word, Opera experience, ETC.
* Strong customer service skills
* Open, secure and balance out shift banks to include the verification of all cash, credit card and room charge transactions during all shifts
* Maintain accuracy with all accounting and billing procedures
* Knowledge of safety and security procedures
* Ability to perform computer-based tasks such as data entry, accounting, word processing, invoicing and billing
* Attention to detail and organizational skills
* Time management and multitasking skills
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* High School diploma or general education degree (GED). College degree preferred
* Six (6) months related experience in the hospitality or service industry with accounting experience
* Complete all shift checklist and complete bucket check prior to performing the night audit
* Walk the property on nightly basis, monitor parking lot throughout shift, log property discrepancies and immediately resolve all security issues
* Maintain knowledge of all guest services and amenities at the hotel and in surrounding area
Based upon fluctuating demands of the operation and to exceed customer expectations, it may be necessary to perform a multitude of different functions not specifically related to this position. This person may be expected to perform other tasks and duties as needed or as directed. Furthermore, employee responsibilities and job descriptions are subject to review and revision.
Bunkhouse is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
* The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
* The person in this position may have to lift/carry up to fifty (50) pounds on a daily basis; anything over fifty (50) pounds is considered a minimum two (2) person lift
* The person having this position may have to remain stationary for one (1) hour, move about/traverse property spaces, push, kneel, bend, balance, squat, reach and stretch for up to eight (8) hours per day
Bunkhouse offers a liberal working environment that encourages individuality and creativity. We offer a superior benefits package to employees who work 20 hours/week or more that includes:
* Highly subsidized Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
* Company paid Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability coverage
* Short Term Disability coverage
* Generous Paid Time off (Full Time)
* Free stays at Bunkhouse hotels (Full Time)
* 401k with company matching
* Employee Discounts (50% off on food & beverage!)
* 8 weeks paid Parental Leave (Full Time, after 1 year employment)
Bunkhouse Core Values:
* BE REAL. We treat everyone like human beings. We are respectful and authentic, we listen, and we develop meaningful relationships with guests, customers and each other. We encourage our employees to have a voice and to use it to improve the work we do.
* CREATE MAGIC. In design, service and all things, we go above and beyond to inspire. Every detail counts, and we believe that our work is a collaboration that depends on all of us bringing our creativity and passion to work with us every day.
* BE HERE NOW. In our work, creating a sense of place is important. We contribute to the fabric of our respective communities by honoring, representing and supporting the communities in which our businesses exist. We make it our goal to be experts on our cities, and we leave travelers with a sense of where they have been.
* EMBRACE ADVENTURE. We don't always know where the road will lead, but we know that we'll have each other along the journey. We strive to learn and grow from our experiences, to create meaningful structure along the way and, in some cases, to embrace chaos when necessary.
* LOOK TOWARDS THE FUTURE. We work with a spirit of continuous improvement in all areas. We seek to provide a path of growth for all of our employees and for Bunkhouse as a whole.