Under direct supervision, responsible for supporting Officers with the enforcement of institute, state and federal laws and regulations in the protection of life and property in service to the institution's community.
* Operates emergency telephones, two-way radios, telecommunications/computer terminal equipment, closed circuit television, remote control cameras, alarm, and security systems.
* Activates emergency procedures for fire evacuations or similar emergencies.
* Receives and records information/requests related to police services.
* Dispatches officers and notifies command/supervisors and administrative personnel of incidents.
* Prioritizes and assigns emergency calls for services.
* Obtains, inputs, and receives data related to police activities such as criminal history, warrants and vehicle registration.
* Operates specialized communications networking equipment and computer terminals to access confidential and restricted law enforcement information (TLETS).
* Relays information from field officers requesting back up and support services to include emergency medical services, and rescue and fire equipment.
* Maintains manual/computerized logs and prepares complaint control cards and reports.
* Performs all other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or GED is required.
Successful completion of TCOLE approved Basic Telecommunicator Licensing Course & TCOLE exam is required.
One (1) year related experience is preferred.
Additional Licenses and Certifications:
Must possess at minimum a TCOLE Telecommunications license.