Purpose of Job
We are looking for a Product Management Manager for our Deposits group.
You will play a significant part of a team responsible for the management and delivery Payment products and improvements, to include Wires, Zelle, Funds Transfers, Internal, External Bill-Pay, Adding and verifying External Accounts to move money, Teller's Check, Remote Deposit Capture and Digital Wallet!
Formulates product/sales strategy recommendations based on analysis of profitability, competitiveness and sales performance for the product life cycle. Compile, analyze and interpret data to make strategic and tactical recommendations or decisions pertaining to sales/product performance. Responsible for defining the business questions and providing insights to improve business performance. Supports the maintenance of existing products and/or may lead in the development and launch of less complex, new products with channel partners.
USAA values a culture that is highly collaborative, and we have found that a hybrid work type helps employees gain the best of both worlds – collaborating in-person in the office and working from home. The actual onsite days are settled between each employee and the employee’s manager. Candidates are expected to live a commutable distance from one of our offices in San Antonio, TX, Plano, TX, Phoenix, AZ, Tampa, FL, or Charlotte, NC.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
- Identifies and leads existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are optimally identified, measured, supervised, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies, standards, and procedures for business activities.
- Uses resources to gather analytics, competitive intelligence, and member information to support formulation of product strategy.
- Participates in the development of product strategy recommendations.
- Develops recommendations to launch new products or sales strategies and the evaluation and decision to buy/build or partner.
- Acts as product SME on features and services and collaborates with business partners to provide recommendations.
- Partners with phone and digital teams on how to effectively use sales guides and provides education on products and services, including new offerings and improvements to existing features.
- Assists in the identification and evaluation of potential providers for alliance relationships.
- Provides support in developing, editing, and distributing product communications.
- Conducts research on external market trends/design changes, financials, member information and/or transaction data for assigned products.
- Holds responsibility for coordinating with relevant control partners (to include Legal, Compliance, and Risk Management) to ensure product offerings are crafted, implemented, and managed in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Interprets performance results to advise product or sales forecast and planning.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, Supply Chain, Statistics, or related subject area; OR 4 years of related experience (in addition to the minimum years of experience required) may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- 6+ years of relevant industry experience in Actuary, Underwriting, Marketing or Sales/Service or Finance/Accounting Operations or Financial Services.
- 2+ years of product management, or similar strategic management experience (similar experience includes direct support in leading product performance).
- 1+ year of Data Visualization experience (i.e. Tableau or other).
- Advanced experience in crafting product briefings.
- Experienced in market research to build product roadmap, make product decisions and iterate rapidly.
- Knowledge of applicable product related regulations, and risk and compliance requirements.
- Knowledge of federal laws, rules, and regulations to include: FFIEC- Retail Payment Systems Handbook, Payment Rules (NACHA, Zelle, etc.), Reg CC, Reg E, Reg DD.
- At least 3 years of experience working at a FinTech and/or Financial Institution
- At least 2 years of experience with Payment Products
- Experience in Payment Product Strategy or with Payment rails or systems
- Ability to build, and curate the strategic story and business case with the ability to align collaborators vertically and horizontally across the organization
- Knowledge of Consumer payment trends and technologies
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market position. The salary range for this position is: $97,200 - $175,000*.
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
*Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations where market pay levels are above the national average.
Shift premium will be addressed on an individual basis for applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core hours.
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
To see details on our outstanding benefits, visit USAA Total Rewards.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.