Park West Gallery, the world's largest art dealer, has brought the experience of collecting fine art to more than 3 million art collectors. Since 1969, our art auctions and educational seminars have enriched people's lives in our galleries on land, on cruise ships, and at luxury vacation destinations in over 80 countries.
We believe Art is for Everyone—whether you know a little or a lot about art, you can find something you love at Park West Gallery.
We are looking for enthusiastic, driven, and adventurous individuals to join our cruise ship art teams—we currently operate on board over 85 international cruise ships on some of the world’s biggest cruise lines, including Royal Caribbean International, Norwegian, Carnival, and others.
You will start as an “Art Associate,” assisting clients and supporting your team, and eventually work your way up to “Art Auctioneer,” where you will conduct art auctions, seminars, and lead your team.
Specific Job Duties:
- Interact with cruise ship passengers, engaging with them about their day, the artwork in the onboard gallery, and what art on the ship has caught their eye
- Set up art displays of up to 300 artworks on auction days
- Work alongside a close-knit team of 4-8 art team members
- Engage in consultative one-on-one sales conversations
- Create marketing materials for distribution
- Give presentations, seminars, and/or cruise ship announcements
- Assist with administrative tasks, such as inventory and paperwork
Required Skills or Qualifications:
- Positive attitude, enjoyment in meeting others, a true go-getter spirit
- Ability to balance professionalism with approachability
- Appreciation for beauty, art, and luxury goods
- Grit: the ability to roll up your sleeves and get hard work done
- Ability to live and work on a cruise ship for 6 months at a time, sharing a cabin with another art team member (Auctioneers get their own cabin!)
- Must be 21 years or older to work onboard
Desired Skills or Qualifications:
- Public speaking experience
- Luxury sales experience
Training and Development:
Park West fosters a culture of development, always believing in getting 1% better every day by challenging yourself (and your team) to be the best you can be. We offer a 10-day training program prior to working on board where we will teach you the building blocks of the job and introduce you to some of our star artists to learn about what inspires them. By coming to our annual advanced training sessions, you will continue to learn from industry leaders on how to be the best art associate/auctioneer possible.
You will work as an Independent Contractor onboard, collaborating alongside art team members and other cruise workers from dozens of countries. This opportunity naturally allows you to travel the world for free while developing sales, marketing, and business skills.
You will work for about 6 months onboard followed by a 5-week vacation. After that, you will return for another 6-month work period followed by a 5-week vacation, and so on.
This is a work-hard, play-hard lifestyle—fast-paced and full of action! Not every day will be long and trying, but every day is a work day. If you can’t miss your nightly TV program or live for lazy Sundays, this isn’t the job for you.
Sounds wonderful! How do I apply?
- Please complete an application, making sure to answer every question thoughtfully. We need to make sure we get to know YOU! Remember, our goal is to make art—something that can be intimidating or misunderstood—fun and approachable. We want to see your personality and see why you’d be a great fit for this role.
- After you complete an application, you will receive an email confirming that we received your application and inviting you to complete a quick video.
Want to learn more about Park West Gallery? Check out our Facebook page or watch our artists in action on YouTube.