Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work. (sm)
WellMed provides concierge – level medical care and service for seniors, delivered by physicians and clinic stat that understands and care about the patient’s health. WellMed’s proactive approach focuses on prevention and the complete coordination of care for patients. WellMed is now part of the Optum division under the greater UnitedHealth Group umbrella.
The Clinical Program Manager, Telemedicine, is responsible for developing and implementing innovative approaches on program and project initiatives selected for participation by WellMed including, but not limited to, Telemedicine, Digital Health, Optimal Care, patient safety, policy and procedures, community partnerships, and internal and external publication endeavors related to the populations we serve. The Manager performs clinic administration duties for the Telemedicine practice, overseeing the scheduling, training, and operational needs of clinical staff to ensure the successful delivery of healthcare in alignment with organizational requirements and strategic goals. The Manager collaborates with and secures buy-in from team members and stakeholders in other departments throughout the organization and maintains a network of subject matter experts to troubleshoot and resolve issues to achieve long-term sustainment. The Manager ensures legal, ethical, and compliant management of telemedicine and related programs, and measures program performance in alignment with organizational strategic priorities. The Manager evaluates and reports program status across the organization, leveraging technology and industry standards to deliver information. The Manager will supervise supporting staff, providing mentorship and guidance to promote professional development, team cohesion, and program and project effectiveness.
- Perform duties as the clinic administrator supporting the Medical Director, Telemedicine and assigned clinicians, to include but not limited to, schedule management, PTO management, and coordination of on-boarding, training, and administrative needs
- Develop innovative approaches to manage the delivery of telemedicine and related programs
- Identify and propose solutions to complex problems and non-standard requests using problem solving/decision-making tools, data analysis, surveys, and focus groups
- Work independently and seeks guidance only for highly complex tasks
- Translate conceptual ideas into tangible actions and deliverables
- Provide explanation and information to others on difficult issues
- Provide implementation support, measurement standards, and revisions as needed that incorporate applicable best practices with proven outcomes
- Asses and interpret customer needs and requirements.
- Fosters open communication and acts as a resource to all customers and team members
- Manage, coach, provide feedback, and guide others.
- Plans and manages activities of assigned programs and supports staff to promote personal growth and development for team members
- Provides constructive information to minimize risk and improve outcomes
- Seeks ways to improve job efficiency and performance effectiveness
- Provides coaching for performance success
- Coordinate the technical support capabilities to Telemedicine operational staff and track technical issues related to Telemedicine program and operations, identifying escalation protocols and needs
- Work with various organizational departments and key stakeholders to develop outgoing communications regarding Telemedicine programs and process changes
- Review and provide input to applicable organizational policies, informing and suggesting areas of improvement needed or required according to industry standards
- Coordinate operational support needs for Telemedicine programs, to include moonlighting coverage from external clinical staff
This is an office-based position, Oaks II/Network BLVD., 78249 / Office park located at IH 10 East and De Zavala Road / Local and Non-Local travel is required as determined by the business
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor of Business Administration, Health Administration, Nursing or related field required (4 additional years of experience beyond the required years of experience may be substituted in lieu of a bachelor’s degree)
- Five years of healthcare experience to include experience in a managed care setting, hospital setting and/or physician practice setting
- 1+ years of management experience in a healthcare environment
- Solid data mining, analytical and reporting skills
- Must be able to review and interpret data to make recommendations to senior-management
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other Microsoft applications
- Travel required as deemed necessary by business need
- You will be asked to perform this role in an office setting or other company location, however, may be required to work from home temporarily due to space limitations
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- Master’s in Business or Health Administration
- Lean Six Sigma or Project Management certification
- Healthcare management certification
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 550,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: WellMed, Healthcare, Bilingual, Registered Nurse, RN, Manager, Telemedicine, planning, implementation, Physician Liaisons, CMS, Managed Care, San Antonio, New Braunfels, Corpus Christi, Houston, Dallas Fort Worth, Texas, TX