About The Company And Opportunity
- Our client is a Fortune 500 company that services the Government
- Company values their employees and supports continued learning and growth
- With a large accounting department, this company offers tons of opportunities for advancement
- Employees participate in community outreach, volunteering programs, and company outings
Overview Of The Project Accountant Role
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries to general ledger accounts.
- Handle month-end, quarter-end and year-end closing activities.
- Analyze financial information detailing assets, liabilities, and capital.
- Prepares balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports to summarize current and projected company financial position.
- Audit contracts, orders, and vouchers, and prepare reports to substantiate individual transactions prior to monthly close process.
- Assist project managers with special needs and manage compliance
Preferred Experience For The Project Accountant
- BS in Finance or Accounting, or equivalent business experience
- Minimum of two years related business experience
- Experience in construction is a plus