Valero provides the energy to take people anywhere they want to go around the globe. Our 10,000 employees work together as a team with the single goal of maintaining our status as a top petroleum refiner and ethanol/green diesel producer. As an employee at Valero, not only will you have an opportunity to impact people’s lives through the products we manufacture in a safe, reliable environment, you will also be a part of a culture that thrives on positively impacting the people in the communities where we live and work.
As a Project Manager Business Systems Design on the Refining Systems team in Valero’s IT division, you will provide digital business solutions for our Refining, Logistics, and Green Diesel operations. This includes an ecosystem of integrated software solutions, mobile devices, and proprietary applications – both on premises and in the cloud. You will lead teams as they design, develop and implement new business solutions which center on Enterprise Asset Management and Procurement, primarily using SAP Plant Maintenance (PM) and SAP Materials Management (MM). These systems improve business processes, maintain a safe work environment, and maximize asset reliability across 15 refineries and 14 renewable energy plants, pipelines & terminals, and our green diesel facilities.
Our goal at Valero is to continue to be the premier manufacturer, distributor, and marketer of quality transportation fuels and petrochemical feedstocks, while serving the needs of our employees, communities and stakeholders. You can help achieve this goal if you can :
- Lead teams made up of Functional and Technical members on large-scale projects
- Engage in all phases of the application development lifecycle (e.g. requirements gathering, planning, analysis, design, implementation, and support)
- Bring in new ideas to improve current applications and processes
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with all corporate and refinery business partners
- Ensure the Valero technical architecture meets business needs while maintaining Valero IT standards for security, cost of ownership, reliability, quality, and ease of support/upgrade
- Manage all aspects of a project lifecycle, including but not limited to : forecasting and planning, budgeting, status reporting, presenting to management, etc.
The key competencies critical to success in Valero’s IT division are : Problem Solving, Initiative, Results Orientation, and Interpersonal Skills.
This position is salaried exempt status, which means you are not eligible for overtime pay.
Successful candidates will have (required) :
- A Bachelor's degree (or higher) or foreign equivalent degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology or related field
- 10 years of SAP PM/EAM, and/or MM experience in business design, configuration, testing, and implementation
- Experience managing IT project teams consisting of both functional and technical contributors
- Experience building and managing detailed work plans, preferably using MS Projects
- Travel up to 25% of the time may be required
The most competitive candidates will have (preferred) :
- Refinery industry or related business/IT knowledge in enterprise asset management
- Experience with effective use of SAP PPM module and project administration
- Experience developing metrics and analytics to measure business improvement
- Experience with SAP PM/MM touch points and integration of SAP and non-SAP components
- PMP, Agile, or equivalent certification
- Experience debugging in SAP
- Experience with SAP MDG
- Experience with analytics and reporting tools such as : SAP Business Intelligence, Microsoft Power BI, SQL Server, or other related system.
Need more reasons to work for a company that is both professionally challenging and culturally rewarding? Take a look at some of our best-in-class benefits :
- Competitive Pay and Annual Bonus Program
- 100% match on 401(K) up to 7%, with immediate vesting
- Company-sponsored Pension Plan
- Comprehensive Healthcare and Wellness Programs
- Onsite Daycare Center
- Onsite Employee & Family Wellness Center
- State-of-the-art 24-hour Fitness Center free for employees and spouses with access to Tennis and Basketball Facilities
- Onsite cafeteria open for breakfast and lunch
- A sprawling campus with walking paths and access to biking/hiking on the greenbelt
The above description reflects the primary job function and may not include all detailed job functions performed in the role.
All successful candidates must be eligible to obtain a TWIC card (Transportation Worker Identification Credential). It is Valero’s policy that employees must wear this card at all times while working at the refinery. Please review eligibility criteria at https ://www.tsa.gov/for-industry/twic.
Position level and salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Valero's employees are the heart of its success, and there is a reason why the company is an employer of choice in the fuels manufacturing and marketing industry. It’s not just the excellent benefits package, or the opportunities for personal growth, it’s also the caring and committed culture of the organization that makes everyone feel like they’re truly part of a team. For more information, visit Valero.com.
Valero is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status including sexual orientation, gender identity, Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and protected Veterans.