Available Locations: This opportunity is available in San Antonio, TX and Round Rock, TX. Flexible/Hybrid Remote schedule available.
WHO WE ARE
Michael Baker International is a global leader in Engineering, Architecture and Consulting professionals dedicated to developing and implementing innovative solutions to the world’s infrastructure and environmental challenges. Supported by more than 3,000 employees in nearly 100 locations across the United States, we provide a full continuum of engineering and consulting services, including design, planning, architectural, environmental, construction and program management. Our clients include U.S. federal, state and municipal governments, foreign allied governments, and a wide range of commercial clients. Michael Baker is committed to delivering a standard of excellence that fosters a culture of innovation, collaboration and technological advancement to help solve our clients' complex challenges.
Consistently ranked by Engineering News-Record as a Top 20 transportation firm, Michael Baker International offers clients an integrated team of professionals versed in all aspects of transportation planning, design, permitting, and construction management and inspection. In addition, Michael Baker International is a recognized leader in the practical aspects of operating and maintaining a safe and efficient transportation infrastructure.
Michael Baker is actively seeking a Transportation Project Manager to join our San Antonio, TX Transportation Team.
- Demonstrate expertise with Departments of Transportation and public works infrastructure projects.
- Provide engineering design and oversight in the successful delivery of transportation projects throughout Texas, leading and mentoring project teams in all aspects of design and plan preparation for roadway, highway, and freeway projects for TXDOT, Municipal, County, Toll, and Transit agencies.
- Lead plan production for conventional design-bid-build and design-build highway projects
- Review the work of other professionals – this includes QA/QC, mentoring, training and growing staff in the performance of job duties.
- Have a broad understanding of all elements of the design of highway transportation facilities, including roadway elements, hydrology and hydraulics, structures and traffic related items.
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering or related field
- Professional Engineer in the State of Texas, or able to obtain within 6 months
- 6-12 years of experience on Transportation projects
- Experience with Departments of Transportation on roadway schematic or PS&E projects; preferred
- Strong technical background in Transportation Engineering – Planning, Design and PS&E.
- Critical thinking skills necessary with the ability to plan and conceptualize
- Ability to lead efforts in a client facing and interdisciplinary capacity in addition to mentoring junior engineers
- Ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing
- The ability to work as a “hands on” leader as well as the ability to manage at a high-level
MICHAEL BAKER INTERNATIONAL EEO STATEMENT
Michael Baker International is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Michael Baker International provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. Michael Baker International maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. As a covered federal contractor, Michael Baker International is required to comply with Executive Order 14042, Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, and its implementing guidelines. This includes ensuring that all covered employees are fully vaccinated for COVID-19, except in limited circumstances where there is a legal entitlement to an accommodate. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified, and all will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status.
EEO is the Law. Applicants to and employees of Michael Baker International are protected under Federal law from discrimination.