Hughes Network Systems is an EchoStar Corporation company (NASDAQ: SATS) which is a premier global provider of satellite communication solutions. Headquartered in Englewood, Colo., and conducting business around the globe, EchoStar is a pioneer in communications technologies through its Hughes Network Systems and EchoStar Satellite Services business segments. For more information, visit echostar.com . Follow @EchoStar on Twitter.
Hughes Network Systems has an exciting opportunity for a Proposal Coordinator/Document Specialist to work within our Publications department. This position is located at our headquarters in Germantown, MD.
Position is currently WFH, but employee will be required to work a hybrid schedule in the future.
- Facilitating the proposal review process
- Ensure documents are up to company standards
- Coordinate and maintain team documentation efforts for responses to solicitations
- Analyze requirements and ensure that proposals meet requirements
- Edit and rewrite proposals, including creating templates and boilerplate text
- Work with content experts across teams to get input and meet deadlines
- Proofread, mark-up, and format other department material such as technical documents, reports, letters, presentations, tables, graphics, and miscellaneous material based on established Administrative Services guidelines, templates, and specified work levels.
- Refer to reference lists provided for abbreviations and acronym derivations, trademarks and product names, HNS' customer names, and general and technical usages and spelling.
- Use the established quality control list to ensure completion of all necessary details.
- Proofread and make corrections online utilizing Microsoft Office applications when needed to complete document processing.
- Fulfill scheduled weeknight and weekend overtime requirements.
- Fill in as needed in other areas of the department
- Must be prepared to work overtime at least one night per week and weekend rotation, which includes Friday night.
- 2 years of experience using Microsoft Office applications to produce professional documentation
- 2+ years of experience coordinating proposals
- Previous experience with American (as distinguished from British) English language and communication skills, both written and oral
- Good spelling
- Bachelor’s degree in English or related field
- Eagerness to look things up, and neat, legible handwriting are essential
- Ability to thrive in a team environment under deadline pressures
Hughes is committed to offering a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. Our programs are designed to provide you with the ability to customize your benefits to best meet the needs of you and your family. Our philosophy for these programs is to support and encourage healthy living and wellness. Our benefits package covers it all–from healthcare savings plans to education assistance and more!
Financial : 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match; employee stock purchase plan; profit-sharing; company-paid life insurance, AD&D and disability
Work-Life Balance : Paid Time Off (PTO), company-paid holidays, health and wellness events, exercise and sports facilities (locations may vary)
Employee Incentives : Tuition reimbursement, employee referral program, year round employee events and community programs, discounts on Dish Network and HughesNet
Health : Medical, Dental, Vision, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Health Savings Account (HSA) with opportunities to earn employer contributions; Health Care, Dependent Care and Transportation Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
EchoStar and its Affiliated Companies are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. U.S. Persons or those able to obtain and maintain U.S. government security clearances may be required for certain positions. EEO is the law.