Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Clinovations is a clinically oriented health IT consulting group within Optum Advisory Services. We pair technology experts, management consultants, and skilled clinical leaders together to help health systems and provider entities achieve clinical and financial return from their technology investments.
Our holistic approach to EHR optimization includes technical solutions, stakeholder engagement and education, clinical workflow redesign, and reporting capabilities to help health systems prepare for and thrive under value-based and risk-based models by focusing on three constituencies critical to care delivery: providers and their care teams, patients, and payers.
The Value Director role is the client relationship leader for our current client Risk Identification and Capture (RIC) engagements and ensures that clients generate significant value from their ongoing, multi-year partnership. The Value Director is responsible for the development and delivery of the overall service strategy and plan for 8-10 client engagements and will partner closely with their team of engagement managers and consultants to ensure strong execution of the service plan and key partnership milestones. Additionally, the Value Director will work with the client project sponsor on an ongoing basis to ensure that agreed upon clinical, financial, technical, and operational targets are achieved within the approved project scope and timeline, and be responsible for reporting on partnership value and impact on an ongoing basis to client executives. Value Directors will also provide direct leadership and management of project team members (engagement managers and consultants) to set goals, provide formal feedback, and give guidance on professional development. Additionally, Directors are responsible for the growth strategy for their pool, surfacing new business opportunities and leads that match Clinovations (and OAS) capabilities with key client priorities and partnering with internal executive/leadership team on commercial/expansion strategy. They will carry a specific commercial / growth target and responsible for developing the plan, managing pipeline and commercial strategy to achieve growth goals and objectives
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Client Management & Consultative Support
- Provide on-site and off-site consultative services for a portfolio of clients, including performance assessments, project updates, content presentations, and executive steering committee meetings
- Present to executives and senior level clients; foster relationships with client executive teams
- Develop and oversee execution of active service plan and account strategy for each client - identifying client objectives and ensure optimal utilization of engagement services as well as matching new capabilities and services to meet these objectives
- Facilitate client calls and in-person meetings
- Serve as thought partner and risk & quality subject matter expert to provide best practice recommendations partner for client project team to drive performance improvement.
- Support change management initiatives related to risk adjustment and quality strategies
- Partner with internal Executive team to help drive renewals and expansions of client engagements and cultivate client references
- Direct your team’s development of high-value analytics and insights to asses and analyze institutions' operational, clinical, and/or financial performance as it relates to the risk program optimization initiatives –support interpretation and drive to client decision-making
- Document and present value and ROI statistics to client project team and executives
- Provide action plans for areas where performance is not tracking to target, upward manage internally and with client on where there is underperformance
- Understand basic functionality of the EHR build and develop expertise in solution offerings
- Team / Project Management
- Manage team of engagement managers and consultants aligned with 8-10 client engagements, responsible for coaching, feedback and performance evaluation of staff
- Set client service strategy and own prioritization of team’s time and resources to achieve client goals and objectives
- Accountable for the strong execution of service strategy and client/project deliverables
- Diagnose issues, identify root causes, and drive client change management initiatives to outcomes
- Participate in monthly client consultations focused on tactical guidance, workflow optimization strategies and analytics to achieve ongoing solution success
- Team Leadership
- Identify opportunities for service and solution development
- Maintain deep product knowledge of our full offering and capabilities
- Participate and lead internal solution development activities
- Support solution marketing and business development activities
- Support cohort and program level projects and initiatives – e.g. annual client Summit, webinars, case study development
- Business Development
- Responsible for supporting the growth of the PTS consulting practice through lead identification, pipeline management, and commercial strategy support for both client expansion opportunity as well as new business development
- Develop an account-level growth plan for each one of your 8-10 client relationships
- Maintain working knowledge of all PTS capabilities and services
- Achieve individual sales goal aligned with similar GL team members
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 10+ years of professional experience and at least three of the following:
- Consulting experience
- Client management experience
- Project management experience
- B2B healthcare sales
- Executive relationship management
- Demonstrable analytical reasoning or quantitative analysis
- Experience working in the health care industry
- Understanding risk and value-based care landscape and current strategic issues for population health / Chief Transformation / Managed Care healthcare leaders
- Management experience - Demonstrated ability to build teams and develop talent
- Willingness to travel 20 - 30% domestically
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- Master’s Degree in a health or business - related field
- Experience in developing, implementing or supporting Medicare Risk Adjustment strategies for provider organizations, or health plan
- Hospital or ambulatory operations experience (e.g. fellowships, residencies, full-time)
- Experience in managing executive-level client relationships
- Analytical reasoning and solution-focused problem solving
- Experience supporting performance improvement cycles and initiatives
- Proven ability to prioritize across multiple projects and relationships - experience in project management tools and methodologies
- B2B sales experience, ideally with hospitals and health systems
- Proven ability to work collaboratively in a team
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $110,200 to $211,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: consulting, provider, Provider Technology Services, Value Director, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Work at Home, Work from Home, Remote