**REMOTE WORK OPTION IS AVAILABLE**
WHO WE ARE
Michael Baker International is a global leader in Engineering, Architecture and Consulting dedicated to developing and implementing innovative solutions to the world’s infrastructure and environmental challenges. Supported by more than 3,000 employees in nearly 100 locations across the United States, we provide a full continuum of engineering and consulting services, including design, planning, architectural, environmental, construction and program management. Our clients include U.S. federal, state and municipal governments, foreign allied governments, and a wide range of commercial clients. Michael Baker is committed to delivering a standard of excellence that fosters a culture of innovation, collaboration, and technological advancement to help solve our clients' complex challenges.
Consistently ranked by Engineering News-Record as a Top 20 transportation firm, Michael Baker International offers clients an integrated team of professionals versed in all aspects of transportation planning, design, permitting, and construction management and inspection. In addition, Michael Baker International is a recognized leader in the practical aspects of operating and maintaining a safe and efficient transportation infrastructure.
Michael Baker is actively seeking a Regional Transportation Practice Leader to join our Transportation team in Texas. The right candidate will provide strong regional and local leadership to a team of engineers and designers on transportation projects; satisfy project and customer requirements, technical standards and adherence to quality standards, procedures, and protocols; and provide technical support, mentoring and development of professional staff. Candidates will need to live in Texas.
The Regional Transportation Practice Leader will focus attention on Texas and the adjoining states and will be responsible for the overall development and execution of Michael Baker International’s Transportation Practice business plan for growth, recruiting, staff development, profitability, and project performance with an emphasis on the Texas surface transportation market (TxDOT/Toll Authorities/MPOs). This position will collaborate extensively with the Business Development team and will work closely with our Texas offices.
The Regional Transportation Practice Leader will:
- Collaborate with our office and regional leaders to grow Michael Baker’s transportation practice with a primary focus on Texas clients while remaining engaged at a high level with the rest of the Southern Region
- Connect / cross-market other discipline services and solutions. Support other disciplines that have existing client relationships and leverage those relationships for growth opportunities.
- Establish relationships with design-build partners including contractors and engineering firms; assist in design-build pursuits including strategic pursuit planning, stakeholder outreach, proposal development, and project management execution
- Develop and maintain client, stakeholder, and teaming partner relationships.
- Work closely with the Michael Baker Southern Region Leadership Team in pursuit-identification and strategies, agency and public outreach, and allocation/management of technical resources
- Identify and leverage partnership opportunities, build knowledge in federal, state, and local government relations protocol and processes, and develop strategic relationships with key elected officials, industry leaders, agency management leaders and colleague firms through collaboration with Michael Baker’s Business Development team
- Become an active participant in local professional organizations and work towards securing a leadership role on Board(s) or Committee(s)
- Utilize strong interpersonal, communication, presentation, and negotiation skills, as well as problem-solving abilities, in this highly visible position
- Lead project delivery on key pursuits through provision of technical direction and oversight to the design team; oversight of fiscal management relative to scope, schedule, and budget; promote adherence to client management, implementation of quality control processes and appropriate level of delegation to, and oversight of, key supporting staff
- Identify potential business development opportunities that address an industry challenge; brings recognition to Michael Baker on a local and regional basis; and helps to maintain and expand Michael Baker’s Transportation presence in Texas and the Southern Region
- Lead proposal, interview, fee development and negotiations for various key project pursuits
- Build relationships with other managers in the Southern Region and with other key managers companywide
- Refresh past knowledge and stay apprised of current representative services and projects for Michael Baker in Environmental, GIS, Landscape Architecture, Planning, Structures, Surface Water, Surveying, and Federal
- Recruit and attract individuals to Michael Baker and help build team members’ careers
- Collaborate with Texas office representatives and the Regional Leadership team regarding staff assignments, workshare, mentorship, business pursuits, and feedback on quality of project deliverables
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering
- Professional Engineer in the State of Texas, or ability to obtain within 6 months
- 20+ years of experience on Surface Transportation projects, preferably in Texas
- Strong leadership skills and ability to generate business opportunities with existing and prospective clients predominately in the Texas market
- Proven relationships with TxDOT, regional transportation authorities, and municipal clients
- Knowledge of TxDOT design, construction, and administration procedures
- TxDOT Precertifications in key categories
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Ability to travel between 25-50%
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and Oracle-based ERP Project Financial Reporting System (preferred)
The salary range for this position is $131,953-$302,367. This will be dependent on the experience and expertise of the incoming candidate.
MICHAEL BAKER INTERNATIONAL EEO STATEMENT
Michael Baker International is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Michael Baker International provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. Michael Baker International maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. As a covered federal contractor, Michael Baker International is required to comply with Executive Order 14042, Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, and its implementing guidelines. This includes ensuring that all covered employees are fully vaccinated for COVID-19, except in limited circumstances where there is a legal entitlement to an accommodate. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified, and all will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status.
EEO is the Law. Applicants to and employees of Michael Baker International are protected under Federal law from discrimination.