This is a full time status opportunity to work Baylor shifts! This position is required to work 36 weekend hours (12 hour shifts) and be paid for a standard 40 hour work week.
Under the direction of the Chief Nursing Officer/Director of Nursing, Nurse Manager or Charge Nurse, the Registered Nurse is responsible for utilizing the nursing process while delivering, directing and supervising care to patients admitted to the nursing unit. The Registered Nurse plans, coordinates, and provides patient care to include interdisciplinary planning, discharge planning, patient and family teaching for post-hospitalization, and accessing community resources. May perform other related duties as assigned or requested, including Charge Nurse (ACLS certification required).
Patient Care Essential Job Functions
• Maintains accurate, detailed reports and records.
• Monitors, records and reports symptoms and changes in patients’ conditions.
• Maintains complete and accurate records of all activities performed.
• Modifies patient treatment plans as indicated by patients’ responses and conditions.
• Consults and coordinates with health care team members to assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care plans.
• Orders, interprets and evaluates diagnostic tests to identify and assess patient’s condition.
• Monitors all aspects of care, including diet and physical activity.
• Directs and supervises LVNs/LPNs, PCTs, CNAs/NAs.
• Prepares patients for, and assists with, examinations and treatments.
• Performs all scheduled assessments and physician orders in a timely manner.
• Demonstrates proper use of med dispense system.
• Performs in the department as a team member.
• Performs work accurately, and in a professional manner, being conscious of patient/department needs.
• Demonstrates knowledge and skill in nursing processes/procedures, in accordance with policies and procedures.
Leadership (Charge Nurse) Essential Functions (if applicable to the role)
• Inclusiveness: Promotes cooperation, fairness and equity; shows respect for people and their differences; works to understand perspectives of others; demonstrates empathy; brings out the best in others and in his/her team.
• Managing Staff: Coaches, evaluates, develops, and inspires staff; sets expectations; recognizes achievements; effectively manages conflict; aligns department goals with company goals; provides feedback; group leadership; delegates appropriately; evaluations completed on time as applicable.
• Stewardship and Resource Management: Demonstrates accountability and sound judgment in managing company resources; appropriate understanding of confidentiality and company values; adheres to and supports company policies, procedures and safety guidelines.
• Problem-Solving: Identifies problems and involves others in seeking solutions; conducts appropriate analysis; searches for best solutions; effectively and efficiently implements appropriate response to correct problem; responds promptly and effectively to new challenges.
• Decision-Making: Makes clear, consistent decisions; acts with integrity in all decisions; distinguishes relevant from irrelevant information; makes time, appropriate decisions.
• Strategic planning and organizing: Understands company vision and aligns priorities accordingly; measures outcomes; uses feedback to redirect as required; evaluates alternatives; appropriately organizes complex issues to desirable resolution.
• Communication: Connects with peers, subordinate employees and all customers; actively listens; clearly and effectively shares information; demonstrates effective oral and written communication skills; negotiates effectively.
• Quality Improvement: Strives for efficient, effective, high-quality performance in self and the department; delivers timely and accurate results; resilient when responding to matters that are challenging; takes initiative to make improvements.
• Leadership: Motivates others; accepts responsibility; maintains high morale in department; develops trust and credibility; expects honest and ethical behavior of self and staff.
• Teamwork: Encourages cooperation and collaboration; builds effective teams; works in partnership with others; is flexible; responsive to the needs of others.
• Development: Maintains up-to-date skills through involvement with professional organizations or continuing education; participates in performance improvement activities and self-development; attends in-services and other mandatory training; maintains licensure and other required certifications.
Education and Training: Holds current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the state where the hospital resides. Current BLS certification is required.
**Current ACLS certification is required for Charge Nurses, High Ops, and ICU. **
Experience: One year of inpatient medical-surgical nursing experience preferred but not required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Verbal ability to effectively express ideas and views for communication with (as appropriate) pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients, visitors, and staff members.
• Read and write English language including medical terminology and abbreviations.
• Clerical ability to document completely and accurately in medical record.
• Cognitive ability to implement the nursing process with (as appropriate) pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients in the nursing setting.
• Organizational ability to complete nursing tasks in a timely and efficient manner.
•Ability to motivate staff in performance of patient care.
• Capacity to relate to people in a manner to win confidence and establish rapport.
• Flexibility to adjust to changing conditions and the various details of the job.
PAM Health is committed to being the most trusted source for post-acute services in every community it serves by utilizing experienced and dedicated staff to provide high quality patient care and customer service. With over 44 Long Term Acute Care and Rehabilitation hospitals and 16 Outpatient Clinics currently in operation across the country, we are proud to offer services including comprehensive wound care, aquatic therapy, ventilator weaning, amputation treatment, pain management and much more.
Joining our PAMily allows you to work in a collaborative environment with colleagues and leadership with exposure to a variety of patient care levels. Aside from our competitive pay, generous paid benefit time, and excellent insurance options, you will also have opportunities for professional growth through our Education Advancement Program.
We are excited to learn more about you and hope that you consider joining us on a shared mission to improve the lives of others by being an integral part of our We Care Program. Please take a moment to visit us online at www.postacutemedical.com for a comprehensive look at how we're able to positively impact our local communities.
PAM Health does not discriminate and does not permit discrimination, including, without limitation, bullying, abuse or harassment, on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or HIV status, or based on association with another person on account of that person's actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or HIV status.