Adecco Medical & Science is looking to recruit a Registered Nurse - Oncology for a highly visible large organization in San Antonio, Texas. Please apply now if you meet the qualifications below.
Type: Contract (1 position)
Hours: To be provided
Dress Code: Scrubs
Location: San Antonio, Texas 78240
Responsibilities for the Infusion Registered Nurse (RN)
Under general supervision, the Registered Nurse (RN) provides professional nursing care for patients adhering to national and company standards and guidelines for specialty regulations. Must recognize physical, psychological, and spiritual aspects of care and participates in companywide quality initiatives. Supports and adheres to the US Oncology Compliance Program, to include the Code of Ethics and Business Standards.
The essential duties and responsibilities: • Assess and monitors therapy of patients using appropriate technical skills under the direction and supervision of a physician.
• Administers chemotherapy, hydration and other medications under the direction and supervision of a physician.
• Performs venipuncture, accesses implanted ports and maintains central venous access devices and alternate delivering systems.
• Assesses patient/family needs and provides teaching.
• Assists with chart prep.
Qualifications for the Infusion Registered Nurse:
The ideal candidate for the Infusion Registered Nurse (RN) will have the following background and experience: • Graduate from an accredited program for professional nursing education, BSN preferred.
• Willing to consider an entry- or mid-level candidate with 0-5 years of RN experience as a recent BSN graduate.
• Oncology RN experience preferred.
• Experience and knowledge of the purpose and use of medications in the treatment of cancer is preferred.
• Current RN state license with the State Board of Nursing in practicing state.
• Current BCLS (Basic Cardiac and Life Support) and/or CPR certification required upon hire.
• Bilingual in Spanish preferred.
Why work for Adecco?
Click on "Apply" now to be considered for this Infusion RN position today!
IMPORTANT: This job is being advertised by Adecco's Medical and Science division, not your local Adecco Branch Office.
For opportunities available at Adecco Medical and Science go to www.adeccousa.com/industries/medical-and-science
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled. To read our Candidate Privacy Information Statement, which explains how we will use your information, please visit http://www.adeccousa.com/candidate-privacy/ . The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction record
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
To read our Candidate Privacy Information Statement, which explains how we will use your information, please navigate to www.adeccousa.com/candidate-privacy
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records