Are you looking to take your career from good to great? As an employee of PenFed, every day is an opportunity to thrive, and be part of a team working to ensure our organization is providing world class service to our members, employees, and our communities. We exist to help our members realize their full potential, educate and encourage their dreams, and make every effort to follow our mission and help our members “do better.” Joining PenFed is more than being an employee; it’s about being a part of the PenFed family.
PenFed is hiring a Remote Chnage Delivery Director at one of the following locations: San Antonio, Texas; Jacksonville, Florida; Charlotte, North Carolina; Phoenix, Arizona. Change Delivery Director is responsible for the successful execution of a diverse change portfolio of programs and projects supporting mortgage organizational strategies at a group operations level. Build and lead the critical relationships with project executives across the organization, and directly lead all aspects of work produced and delivered by their project teams. Provide regular, significant feedback on the performance of resource/staff assignments on their projects and programs.
**This position is available remotely within 100 miles of job location **
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Deftly navigate organizational structure to influence program direction, decisions, and delivery to achieve desired business outcomes.
- Act as a thought partner to project sponsors and clients; Collaborate to identify unarticulated needs and improve business benefits; Able to represent executive viewpoints.
- Anticipate/handle/mitigate risks at a portfolio level; Quantify and elevate portfolio risk to appropriate parties.
- Drive to complete portfolio planning and execute roadmaps. Provide supervision, mentorship, and direction to program/project teams to ensure successful execution. Ensure quality and evidence of program/project documentation.
- Accountable for managing idea/demand management portfolio process, including governance routines to management the activation of new initiatives
- Ensure program/project financials adhere to and align with budgetary expectations; Recommend solutions and report out to program executives on risk, financials, and other key dimensions; ensure individual program/project forecasts are accurate, and that variances are raised appropriately.
- Effectively communicate program/project messages at appropriate level of detail across all levels of the organization.
- Encourage project team members to improve their own performance; engage and motivate teams to go beyond their role expectations, to help each other, and to exceed goals.
*This role is responsible for ensuring business continuity. *
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- Bachelor’s Degree or an equivalent a combination of education and experience in lieu of degree
- Minimum of twelve (12) years’ experience performing project management duties in the mortgage industry or a financial services environment
- Minimum of five (5) years’ managing teams and individual professionals in the mortgage industry or a financial services environment
- Minimum of five (5) years’ program/project manager experience across different types of high-risk, high-value projects
- Prior experience in influencing, motivating, and mobilizing mid to large teams and business partners
- Excellent understanding of project management, including methodologies and best practices
- Demonstrated experience successfully delivering complex projects, leading teams, and interacting with the highest levels of executive leadership.
- Excellent communication skills.
This position will directly supervise employees
Licenses and Certifications
- PMP Certification preferred
- Scaled or Lean Agile Certification preferred
- Change Management Certification preferred
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise.
*Most roles require working in an office setting with moderate noise and the ability to lift 25 pounds.*
Ability to travel to various worksites and be on-call is required.
Special Message Regarding COVID 19
PenFed is continuing to hire and train exceptional individuals to help us serve our 2 million members both here and around the world. In light of the current situation with novel coronavirus (COVID-19), we have modified our hiring, onboarding, training, and deployment protocols in order to comply with current local and state guidance around social distancing.
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 2 million members and over $26 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico and Okinawa. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed management will maintain and observe personnel policies which will not discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 240-224-4256.