Opportunities with Genoa Healthcare
With hundreds of pharmacies across the country, a career with Genoa Healthcare means you’re part of changing the lives of those with behavioral health and other complex conditions. People with serious illnesses – and those who care for them – have incredibly moving stories, and at Genoa we are their partner. We partner with community-based providers and others so they get the right medications and are able to follow their treatment plans.
We are part of OptumRx (and UnitedHealth Group), which is a leading information and technology-enabled health services business dedicated to making the health system work better for everyone. Take a closer look to learn why a career with Genoa Healthcare might be the path to discovering your life's best work.SM
We seek a Remote Dispensing Site Pharmacy Technician to support all functions of the Genoa mental health pharmacy, primarily through dispensing medical prescriptions, and performing necessary clerical duties while under the direct supervision of a registered pharmacist.
Location: Samaritan Center
2007 State Street, Suite 110
Washington, IN 47501
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide exceptional customer service to all patients and members of the clinic staff
- Process and fill prescription orders and makes them available for verification by the home site Pharmacist. Once verified by the pharmacist, dispenses the prescriptions.
- Ensure remote dispensing site complies with all state specific regulations according to state specific policy and procedures.
- Manage rejected claims, conduct gross margin analysis, and generate reports for management.
- Order, receive, and store incoming pharmacy supplies.
- Receive and process wholesaler medication orders.
- Verify medication stock and enter data in computer to maintain inventory records.
- Help maintain a clean organized work environment.
- Perform various clerical duties relating to the department.
- Work with the pharmacist to assist in the pharmacy functions and keeping the pharmacy in compliance with all federal and state requirements.
- Occasional medication delivery to consumers.
- Other Duties as assigned.
Educational or Skills Requirements:
- Minimum of 3 years Pharmacy Technician experience is required
- PTCB Certification required
- Driving may be required, mileage reimbursement at current IRS rate $0.454/mile
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and telephone protocol. Duties require professional verbal and written communication skills.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.