REMOTE Project Manager Needed for Industrial Safety Manufacturing Company
This Jobot Job is hosted by: Jacob Hummel
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button and sending us your resume.
Salary: $85,000 - $120,000 per year
A bit about us:
For over 15 years, we have become an industry leader in helping industrial workplaces become safer and more productive by engineering and implementing solutions designed to help protect what’s most important- THE PEOPLE! With over 100 years of combined experience, we have become a staple solution for our customers, specializing in industrial production and machine safety. Due to recent growth, we are looking for an experienced Project Manager to join our growing team!
Title: REMOTE Project Manager
Location: REMOTE (Work from home | WFH) | 50% Travel REQUIRED
Salary: $85,000 - $120,000
Requirements: Project Management
Why join us?
- Competitive base salary: $85,000 - $120,000
- Full benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401 (K) with generous company match
- Generous Paid time off (PTO)
- Vacation, sick, and paid holidays
- Life Insurance coverage
- Complete all project planning activities, project management processes, and communications for assigned projects.
- Develop, manage and communicate project schedules for assigned projects.
- Identify and manage the critical path, maximize speed of execution of all aspects of the critical path, with clean project task handoffs and solid hurdle management.
- Understand project requirements and ensure that all scope of work documents are complete, organized and understood by the project team, including subcontractors.
- Maintain and update project tracking documents, including financial report, project schedule and master project tracker on a weekly basis.
- Represent corporation as the main point of contact, interfacing with designated customer representatives and other stakeholders (project manager, operators, EHS, purchasing, etc.).
- Schedule and lead all internal and customer project meetings, including project kick-off, progress and close-out.
- Qualify and procure engineering subcontractors (electrical and mechanical) and installation subcontractors (electrical and mechanical) for projects through vetting and bidding process.
- Identify all out-of-scope changes requested by the customer, complete clear and detailed change order write-ups and provide the change order report to the customer for review and approval for all scope changes.
- Develop and communicate installation plan with project team and customer, including downtime requirements for each machine.
- Coordinate the timely and efficient shipment of material, tools and equipment to and from job site.
- Responsible for project financial tracking and performance; including project budget, costs, change orders and risk management.
- Complete timely communication and management of project invoicing and payments.
- Responsible for accurate and timely material procurement, documentation tracking (vendor quotes, packing slips, etc.), and vendor invoice approval.
- Coordinate and communicate plant access, site specific safety training and PPE requirements for project resources.
- Assume the role of site supervisor, ensuring employees and subcontractors have necessary materials and resources to complete work.
- Conduct daily crew meetings, pre-task planning, assess material needs, progress reports, collect time logs, etc.
- Responsible for project quality control; including completion of the scope of work to project/customer requirements, general workmanship, meeting all applicable standards, consistency of design (ie. machine to machine and site to site).
- Prompt completion of punch list items, project close, and final documentation.
- Typical travel required for the position is 50-60 percent.
What you need for this position:
- 50% Travel Ability
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related field
- 5+ Years of Project Management experience in Engineering or Industrial setting
- PMP Certification
- Strong technical aptitude and experience with electro-mechanical systems
- Ability to read and understand mechanical assembly drawings and electrical/pneumatic schematics
- Working knowledge of software tools to track information and communicate ideas effectively (MS Project, MS Office Suite)
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button.