Type of Requisition:
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
No Suitability Required
Public Trust/Other Required:
GDIT 's military health team is HIRING a Research Administrative Assistant to support the 59th Medical Wing (MDW), located at Lackland Air Force Base in San Antonio, Texas. This position will support the 59th's Diabetes Center of Excellence research activities.
The 59th Medical Wing Science and Technology (ST) office advises and conducts clinical and translational research on matters pertaining to the medical aspects of the Air Expeditionary Force and the health of Air Force (AF) personnel and beneficiaries. In order to support the required research, ST offices conduct translational research in the areas of emergency medical care, combat casualty care, force health protection, restorative medicine, clinical and rehabilitative medicine and specialty centers.
Learn more about the 59th MDW HERE
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Supports government directors in the planning, programming, and execution of research projects and associated activities.
- Provides scheduling support to department, investigator, and support staff for internal and external meeting.
- Gathers and organizes project-related information, planning, and assisted with project-related data/information collection, management and reporting.
- Assists with administrative tasks to include, but not limited to, document preparation, file organization, protocol budget document preparation (with appropriate input from investigator and support staff). research reports, correspondence, presentations and graphics, internal and external meeting minutes and preparation, and any electronic or printed research deliverables (with appropriate input from investigator and support staff)
- Coordinate system compliance via monthly reports.
- Schedule appointments and make arrangements for meetings and conferences. Manage the Command Suite calendar. Make necessary arrangements for travel, arrange/schedule visits, make reservations, notify organizations and officials to be visited, and submit travel vouchers and reports. Arrange social events for the Command, ensuring correct protocol procedures.
- Takes and transcribe minutes of meetings, correspondence, reports, and telephone conversations involving both technical and specialized medical and scientific terminology.
- Make arrangements and prepare itineraries for distinguished visitors.
- Perform administrative duties for change of command, retirement, and other official ceremonies and conferences hosted by Commanding Officer, to include correspondences, facilities, VIP reservations, and coordination of numerous administrative and technical details.
- Researches and prepares equipment and supply in support of research.
- Prepares, submits, tracks and files travel requests in accordance with Joint Travel Regulation.
- Assists with regulatory and administrative compliance documentation.
What You’ll Need (required):
- Associate's degree or Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Clinical Research, or other related fields
- 2-5 years’ experience in clinical research/project management.
- Intermediate+ experience with Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, SharePoint.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Telecommuting Not Allowed
USA TX Lackland AFB
Additional Work Locations:
This position requires being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by December 8, 2021 or the start date, if after December 8. Individuals who work in or reside in Texas or Montana or work outside of the United States may be excluded from this requirement. We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.