Who We Are:
As a non-profit research organization, we are committed to advancing science and applying technology to benefit government, industry, and all of humanity. We are looking for experienced software engineers and leaders to join an exciting career in developing systems to improve the safety and reliability of transportation systems across the country. These systems interface with distributed sensors, cameras, and even vehicles directly to detect accidents and predict traffic, managing the mobility of entire cities and states. As a team member, you will use and learn techniques in distributed computing, big data, cloud computing, analytics, and machine learning to solve these real-world traffic congestion problems to positively impact the quality of day-to-day life through improving mobility and safety.
Objectives of this Role:
- Serve in a software developer role on teams developing software solutions in technology areas such as Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS), Integrated Corridor Management Systems (ICMS), and Decision Support Systems (DSS).
- Participate in advanced research and development programs, interact with clients, and make technical presentations.
- Design and code, often for complex solutions, products that meet business requirements on schedule and within budget.
- Perform programming tasks for the maintenance and enhancement of one or more software systems.
- Develop an understanding of the transportation systems domain and existing frameworks for the success of development projects.
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities:
- Undertake tasks working in coordination with the project manager and other team members.
- Work with senior software engineers regarding best practices of multiple programming languages.
- Perform in all phases of the development lifecycle, including requirements definition, software/systems design, implementation, testing, integration, and system support.
- Maintain a high level of code quality by writing unit tests, participating in code reviews, and debugging software modules.
- Implement code using concepts of user interface design patterns, object-oriented design, refactoring, design patterns, test automation, continuous integration/deployment, networking, concurrency, modeling, and database design.
- Requires a Bachelors with a 3.00 GPA in Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related with directly related industry experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well both individually and as a member of a project team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must have an emphasis on software development
- A valid/clear driver's license is required
Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Applicant must be a U.S. citizen.
Job Locations: San Antonio, Texas
For more information about this division, visit the Intelligent Systems home page.
An Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disabled/Veteran
Committed to Diversity in the Workplace