Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Acreage Holdings is a fully integrated cannabis company, with the goal of being the leading innovator in this new and burgeoning industry. The Sales Manager will support the Massachusetts’ market area with selling and distributing our branded products to licensed dispensaries throughout MA. The ideal candidate for this position will come with proven success selling business to business or the cannabis industry and is intimately familiar with the cannabis scene.
What you do:
· Establish sales objectives by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas by territories, projecting expected sales volume and profit for existing and new products/services.
· Build and own the reporting analytics projects that allow strategic insights into the performance of the sales organization, drive, and monitor the organization, and enable the processes to scale with our growth.
· Establishes plans, monthly/weekly sale forecast, budgets, and results measurements; allocating resources; reviewing progress and making mid-course corrections.
· Set MA Market sales and profitability objectives.
· Own coaching and performance monitoring of the sales team.
· Be the champion of the company's brands, making sure the communication message is clear, on strategy and consistent throughout the region.
· Travel required within the territory for in-person meetings with prospective companies, existing customers, and the sales team to develop key relationships.
· Attend and represent brands at industry conferences and trade shows, as necessary.
· Ensures all sales department team members are performing to budgeted expectation.
· Maintains key performance metrics in a format that can be easily analyzed for future improvements.
· Supports the development of business plans, budgets, and project plans.
· Assure all processes have controlled Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and drive continuous improvement.
· Build and maintain strong relationships with dispensaries to foster good will and to address and resolve any issues related to compliance.
· Maintain positive employee relationships and communications with the sales workforce to support a work culture of high employee engagement.
· Supports Marketing/Outreach, Supply Chain, Production, Operations as needed.
· Other duties as assigned and required.