Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
As a Scrum Master, you will routinely wear the hats of facilitator, teacher, and coach to help enable your product team to develop customer-centric software products from idea to production. The Scrum Master is a servant leader to the team cultivating an environment of efficiency and coaching on scrum best practices, removing team impediments (including addressing root causes), and facilitating collaborative interactions and events aimed at delivering business value. Although they will care about the success of the product, they will care more about the health and success of their team. The Scrum Master must comfortably speak to the essence of the Agile Manifesto's 12 principles and exemplify the values of focus, courage, openness, commitment and respect.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Teach stakeholders, product owners, and development team members the mechanics and value of the scrum framework, along with value-driven product development techniques
- Facilitate effective working sessions and team ceremonies as desired by the team (e.g. vision, roadmap, release planning, sprint review, retrospective, sprint planning, story mapping, etc.)
- Train the team to conduct effective daily stand-up meetings focused on attaining the sprint goal
- Facilitate focused team retrospectives aimed at helping the team identify opportunities for improvement with a plan of action
- Collaborate with Product Owners in best practices for managing stakeholder relationships, as well as maintaining and organizing an effective product backlog
- Coach the team in the value of creating effective user stories
- Facilitate the definition of done negotiations that enable higher product quality through better extreme programming behaviors and DevOps practices (TDD/CI/CD)
- Coach team members in agile estimation techniques aimed at generating effective team discussions and valuable, working software every sprint
- Coach team members on daily application of the Agile Manifesto's 12 principles and provide guidance on correcting anti-patterns and issues made visible by the scrum framework
- Facilitate consensus-building activities and conflict resolution in order to improve team effectiveness
- Frequently assess the scrum maturity of the team and organization in order to coach the team and organization to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization
- Proactively collaborate with team members focused on building trust, identifying growth opportunities, and improving overall team capabilities
- Proactively and reactively remove impediments to the team and elevate awareness of any organizational impediments discovered. Ensure root causes are effectively identified and addressed
- Partner with Agile thought-leaders to explore and become involved in opportunities for improvement across the scrum teams and company as a whole
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required, assigned, or requested
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Information Technology, or related field; in lieu of a degree, 4+ years of relevant experience may be considered
- 2+ years of Scrum Master experience
- Familiarity with common and complex Agile practices, software development environments, and industry best practices
- Understanding of the fundamentals of software development processes and procedures as well as knowledge of the software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Working knowledge of Kanban boards, scrum of scrums, and effective value-driven backlog management practices
- Basic knowledge of and some experience with visual/graphic facilitation (sketching skills)
- Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) with Scrum Alliance or Certified Scrum Professional (CSP-SM)
- Experience with Systems Thinking and Lean Startup
- Healthcare experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, with a high comfort level presenting to a variety of audiences, including senior management. Communication is critical
- Strong teaching and coaching skills as well as conflict resolution skills
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
naviHealth, part of Optum and the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, combines the talents of our dedicated staff and leading-edge technology to deliver compassionate care to seniors nationwide. With millions of lives touched, we are innovating the way health care is delivered from hospital to home so seniors can lead more fulfilling lives. A career with us means making an impact in the lives of those we serve, including vulnerable populations who benefit from care that is more efficient, more effective and more human. Our environment empowers our team members to elevate our interactions with each other and the experiences we deliver to our patients, giving them more days at home. Join our team, it’s your chance to improve the lives of millions while doing your life’s best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $64,800 to $116,000. The salary range for Connecticut/Nevada residents is $71,400 to $127,400. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: scrum master, telecommute, remote, work from home