Are you looking to take your career from good to great? As an employee of PenFed, every day is an opportunity to thrive, and be part of a team working to ensure our organization is providing world class service to our members, employees, and our communities. We exist to help our members realize their full potential, educate and encourage their dreams, and make every effort to follow our mission and help our members “do better.” Joining PenFed is more than being an employee; it’s about being a part of the PenFed family.
PenFed is hiring a Security Specialist I, Corporate Security at our San Antonio, Texas location. The purpose of this position is to act as the Corporate Security first point of contact for employees, visitors, contractors, and emergency first responders. This position will be responsible for monitoring physical security systems at the PenFed facility to which the Specialist is assigned, along with administrative duties for the PenFed Corporate Security Program. This position will be responsible for conducting front entrance security desk duties and assisting senior personnel in maintaining security systems in the building. This position will also be responsible for visitor badge management, access control, camera systems, and alarm monitoring.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Act as primary security point-of-contact at the facility, provide coverage at the security desk; monitor employee, visitor and vendor activity while keeping watch for any suspicious activity.
- Verify the identity of visitors, obtain visitor identification; provide temporary access badges according to policy. Verify employee’s identification and access needs when a temporary badge is required.
- Responsible for access control procedures, process employee photos, issue identification access cards, and assign employee parking as needed.
- Monitor closed-circuit TV systems, building alarms, and garage parking areas for suspicious activity. Investigate and report disturbances, contact police in case of emergencies.
- Maintain knowledge on the security card access and surveillance systems, troubleshoot security equipment issues and assist users.
- Inform senior management of situations that may be considered hostile or may require investigative action.
- Assist visitors on the proper usage of the electronic visitor management system.
*This role is responsible for ensuring business continuity*
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Security or related field preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in physical security, risk mitigation and investigations is required. Knowledge of DSX and March Networks is a plus.
This position will not supervise employees.
Licenses and Certifications
There are no additional certifications required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise.
*Most roles require working in an office setting with moderate noise and the ability to lift 25 pounds*
Travel for training may be required.
Special Message Regarding COVID 19
PenFed is continuing to hire and train exceptional individuals to help us serve our 2 million members both here and around the world. In light of the current situation with novel coronavirus (COVID-19), we have modified our hiring, onboarding, training, and deployment protocols in order to comply with current local and state guidance around social distancing.
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 2 million members and over $26 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico and Okinawa. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed management will maintain and observe personnel policies which will not discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 240-224-4256.