Job Title: Senior Administrative Assistant
Location: SAN ANTONIO TX 78244
Duration: 12+ Months (contract)
Hours: 8:00am to 5:00pm
Work Week 1 - Monday, 2 - Tuesday, 3 - Wednesday, 4 - Thursday, 5 - Friday
Rate: $21.50/hr on W2
The Senior Administrative Assistant typically provides high skill level administrative support to include complex and confidential functions. The ideal candidate typically supports individuals with multi-departmental scope that may include Managers, Directors, and /or Vice Presidents. They may routinely work with confidential and highly sensitive information and handle confidential matters. Their work typically has department wide impact and involves coordination and support to management level individuals and/or an entire department with various administrative support responsibilities and projects.
Job Duties - Some examples of the job duties may include:
• May greet visitors, answer and screen callers, take messages, and respond to inquiries and requests for routine problems.
• May supervise or give work direction to lower level clerical personnel and/ or act as the lead support in a large and busy departmental setting handling various internal and external responsibilities and projects.
• May serve as one of the principal contacts for the division/ department internally and externally.
• May maintain calendar, schedule appointments and engagements on behalf of the department head or large department to complete assigned tasks and projects of a complex nature, interpret administrative decisions and policies without prior clearance.
• May handle all arrangement details for meetings and conferences including catering, travel and lodging accommodations, setup of presentation materials and equipment and also coordinate special events.
• May order office supplies, monitor inventory and equipment and place service requests for service repairs.
• May sort and distribute department mail, prioritize and determine actions for all incoming correspondences.
• May compose and proof read documents for others, maintain and collect data for standard reports charts, graphs, spreadsheets and databases; organize and maintain department filing systems, relevant databases and related records.
• May assist with reconciling components of department budget, approving departmental expenditures, processing expense reports, and/or managing accounting records.
• May be responsible for overseeing and implementing change in office operations and ensure that equipment, materials and space are used effectively.
• May research complex and non-routine problems and inquiries that require interpretation of best practices on departmental policies/ procedures.
• Minimum of a High School Education and / or equivalent of four year plus of administrative support experience preferred. Business administration college degree preferred.
• Advanced MS Office skill level in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint as well as intermediate skill level in Access preferred.