Are you looking to take your career from good to great? As an employee of PenFed, every day is an opportunity to thrive, and be part of a team working to ensure our organization is providing world class service to our members, employees, and our communities. We exist to help our members realize their full potential, educate and encourage their dreams, and make every effort to follow our mission and help our members “do better.” Joining PenFed is more than being an employee; it’s about being a part of the PenFed family.
PenFed is hiring a Senior Business Systems Analyst, Consumer Banking Technology (Remote) at one of the following locations: Tysons, Virgina; Eugene, Oregon; Omaha, Nebraska; San Antonio, Texas; or Alexandria, Virginia. The primary purpose of the Sr Business Systems Analyst for Consumer Banking Technology position is to analyzes members and stakeholders needs to determine how best to serve their digital banking requirements, including all experiences related to Retail/Consumer Banking products This role provides consultation and expert assistance to various business units with designing, developing, and implementing digital consumer banking-related projects, including new products, services, and system enhancements. The Sr Business Systems Analyst will synthesis business requirements to architect a solution that is feasible and viable for our technology teams. The Sr Business Systems Analyst works closely with bank personnel and business partners to identify and maximize opportunities to use information and technology to improve products, services, and/or business processes. Works with the Digital Product Management team in the development and execution of the digital roadmap.
The Analyst is expected to be a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for Digital Banking products, services, and systems, including the intricacies of Consumer Banking products. Functions as one of the go-to people for digital banking knowledge in the credit union, including knowledge of processes, systems, and policy and procedures.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Collaborate with the project's stakeholders, those interested in the project's outcome, to identify and prioritize the requirements, and documented in a requirements specification or user stories.
- Translate business needs into technical solutions and corresponding technical requirements used throughout the development process.
- Develop Functional Specifications, context diagrams, UML diagrams, ER diagrams, and process flows as required.
- Facilitate effective project requirement discovery meetings while exhibiting extensive knowledge of business requirements and emerging technology best practices.
- Conduct a thorough analysis of business requirements and demonstrate a detailed understanding of technical systems by influencing the designs and development solutions to converge in synthesis.
- With the guidance of business leaders, help drive significant enhancements and streamlining of our processes and introduction of new technologies to bring more flexible products to market quickly.
- Effectively communicate insight and plans to cross-functional team members and management.
- Evaluate business processes, anticipate requirements, uncover areas for improvement, and develop and implement solutions.
- Prioritize initiatives based on business needs, user needs, program schedule, and requirements.
- Oversee the project stages, the requirements reflect the end user's needs, and the developed system reflects the requirements.
- Track and manage a project's scope, development, testing, and deployment.
- Define project requirements by identifying project milestones, phases, and elements.
- Organize and manage file and portal repository of document artifacts.
- Participate in peer reviews to validate the requirements and review the system design, code, and test cases to confirm the system adheres to documented requirements.
- Create contractual requirement documents as required.
- Attend, schedule, and moderate SME meetings.
- Capture meeting minutes and track action items and tasks.
- Monitor deliverables and ensure timely completion of program requirements.
- Ability to identify issues/risks and effectively communicate them to management.
- Ability to manage and communicate production issues – clearly documenting the problem, cause and identifying a resolution, or managing team collaboration to determine a resolution.
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- Bachelor's degree in business management, finance, computer science, information systems, or other business/technology-related fields or equivalent years of experience.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of consulting and/or experience in Digital Banking (online/mobile) Platforms.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience documenting and communicating processes and workflows.
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in performing at a high level in a deadline-driven environment, moving seamlessly across simultaneous projects, balancing priorities, and delivering on-time feedback.
- Experience with writing API specifications/requirements and API integrations.
- Experience working with Salesforce.
- Experience with BI, reporting, dashboards, analytics requirements, and writing data requirements, SQL queries, and a good understanding of data modeling and schema concepts.
- Minimum of one (1) year of Apex coding experience preferred.
- Solid understanding of backend systems within a financial/banking eco-system, including payment processing, loan origination and servicing, and digital banking concepts.
- Solid experience with SDLC and a solid understanding of Waterfall and Agile Methods.
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, problem-solving, influencing, prioritization, decision- making and conflict resolution skills.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to understand and present content in a logical, accessible manner.
- Working knowledge of JIRA and Confluence.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills when interacting with internal and external clients.
- Prior experience/familiarity with interfacing with QA and production support.
- Self-starter, naturally curious, and able to connect dots to understand how their work fits into the broader organization.
- Organized, with the ability to participate in multiple work streams and ensure follow-through of all tasks to completion.
- Proven ability to adjust quickly to shifting priorities and rapid change.
- Highly motivated, self-driven individual who can think strategically, operate independently, and take accountability and ownership of a function.
Licenses and Certifications
- Certification in Salesforce preferred
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise.
*Most roles require working in an office setting with moderate noise and the ability to lift 25 pounds. *
Ability to travel to various worksites and be on-call may be required.
Special Message Regarding COVID 19
PenFed is continuing to hire and train exceptional individuals to help us serve our 2 million members both here and around the world. In light of the current situation with novel coronavirus (COVID-19), we have modified our hiring, onboarding, training, and deployment protocols in order to comply with current local and state guidance around social distancing.
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 2 million members and over $26 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico and Okinawa. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed management will maintain and observe personnel policies which will not discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 240-224-4256.