Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
As part of our OptumCare Technology team, in this role you will play a significant part in supporting virtual servers, designing and implementing cloud infrastructure. The nature of this role is management of the cloud infrastructure. Analyze cloud computing platform options such as Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), or Platform as a Service (Paas) offerings for management information and functional operations, to determine scope and priorities of projects and to discuss system capacity, operational costs, and security requirements within the relevant cloud service. You will interact with other teams such as Database, Application Development, and Compliance and individuals in roles such as Solutions Architect, Data Scientist and Data Engineer.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Participate in Systems Engineering initiatives and projects consisting of installation, configuration and troubleshooting efforts
- Provide feedback on project status, milestones, and risks
- Manage multiple priorities and projects
- Conduct implementations, conversions, and upgrades in a manner consistent with Standard Operating Procedures within company maintenance windows; including change management procedures
- Communicate effectively with supervisors, peers, project managers, and stakeholders
- Author technical documentation such as systems and data center diagrams
- Work closely with vendors on implementation of products and services
- Ensure security and operational standards and procedures are maintained in accordance with UHG IT compliance requirements, HIPPA standards, and industry best practices
- Perform risk analysis to identify IT security issues and remediating plans. Identify and / or mitigate operational risks where appropriate
- Develop a deep end-to-end understanding of data strategy, structure and overall use within the business
- Collaborate with project stakeholders and technical teams, communicate proficiently to share the information from the above point and also regarding enhancements, changes, issues and defects that may impact data, workflow and/or functionality
- Drive completion of projects and initiatives, follow through on execution of strategies and demonstrate ability to stay the course despite obstacles
- Develop, implement, and ensure compliance with standard operating policies and procedures
- Drive root cause analysis and long-term solution for critical and high impact data processing issues
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 5+ years of experience in IT Solution Design and Delivery
- 3+ years of experience with implementing and maintaining Cloud Infrastructure. (Azure Preferred)
- 3 + years of experience with Microsoft server, active directory domain controllers, DNS & DHCP, and supporting LAN and WAN transport
- 3 + years of experience working with large organizations regarding implementing cloud technology
- 3 + years of experience in migrating and maintaining infrastructure in the cloud
- 3 + years of experience Networking concepts DNS, TCP/IP, Routing, Firewalls, etc.
- 3+ years of experience with VMware technologies such as VSphere, ESX, NSX, or the vRealize suite of products
- Advanced knowledge in scripting languages such as PowerShell, Ansible, or Python
- Health care industry experience
- Technical certifications from Azure
- Detailed understanding of storage performance, high availability, resilience, and business continuity
- Experience working in hybrid-cloud scenarios
- Excellent interpersonal skills including written and verbal skills with the ability to create and maintain strong relationships with members of cross departmental teams and department team members
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $79,700 to $142,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer, Azure, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Work at Home, Work from Home, Remote