Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Optum Health AI is seeking a Senior CloudOps Engineer to join our Voice Analytics team which is responsible for the Voice Analytics Platform, a low-cost high-accuracy real-time and batch transcription solution for the UHG enterprise. This forward-thinking Cloud Developer will help participate with a team of software engineers in the design and delivery of emerging AI and ML based speech recognition and voice analytics capabilities to the broader enterprise. The Voice Analytics Platform is hosted in MS Azure for reliability and scalability and enables flexibility in tooling and can easily extend as alternative capabilities are adopted or inhouse solutions advance, invoking the right model at the right time for the specific use case.
A keen attention to detail, curiosity, problem-solving abilities, and direct experience with common software development tools and practices are required. The Voice Analytics team is a fun, fast paced environment leveraging and applying new technologies to solve challenging business problems. As part of the team, you will directly engage and collaborate with multiple business stakeholders and users to understand their needs, their environment and how voice analytics can drive operational efficiencies and increase the quality of our services. Additionally, the Sr IO Engineer partner with similarly skilled team members to design, engineer, and manage the organization's infrastructure and operational platforms.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Design and develop CI/CD pipelines, tools and workflows that enable automated application delivery and support in the Azure Public Cloud as well as our datacenter
- Build and test automation tools for infrastructure and application provisioning
- Handle code deployments in all environments through production
- Ensure infrastructure and application development processes are following best practices
- Brainstorm and implement new ideas and ways to improve delivery practices
- Design and implement build, deployment, and configuration management solutions and patterns
- Collaborate with the team on application architecture design and decision-making
- Monitoring of systems and applications (opensource tools/ Dynatrace)
- Root cause analysis and general troubleshooting of systems and applications
- Debug and test automation code
- Manage cost of applications by monitoring spend
- Coach development teams on new infrastructure/DevOps enablement technologies
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 4+ years of experience in full lifecycle software development
- 4+ years of Azure public cloud experience and Terraform
- 3+ years of experience with CI/CD tooling (GitHub, GHE Cloud (Actions/Workflows), Jenkins)
- 3+ years of production operational experience with Kubernetes based platforms (Google Anthos / AKS / OpenShift)
- 2+ years of Linux based OS experience
- Experience with monitoring tools (Azure Monitor, Application Insights, Splunk, Grafana)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or software engineering related field of study
- Relevant Azure cloud certifications
- Relevant cloud security / IT security certifications
- 2+ years of development experience using a programing (C#, Python, Go, etc.)
- Experience with container-based architecture, designs, and solutions (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Expert knowledge in cloud technology, including security architecture, DevOps practices, or serverless infrastructure
- Location Preference: (1) Hybrid Schedule Eden Prairie, MN; (2) Telecommute U.S.
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.