Construction Accountants are you looking to add a new dimension to your career by becoming a consultant? If you are an experienced Senior Construction Accountant, and are actively seeking consulting opportunities, and you want to partner with the best, apply today!
Additional responsibilities of the Senior Construction Accountant
- Reconcile project costs to the general ledger.
- Work with project managers or 3rdparty development partners to obtain information to book monthly draw accruals or review accrual made in general ledger by partners. **good communication skills is key
- Provide corporate reporting with capital forecast requirements.
- Be able to read and interpret development and operating agreements to ensure compliance with requirements.
- Maintain promote/participation schedules, making sure calculations adhere to the specific project agreement.
- Review and enhance the existing system of controls and financial reporting for development and construction projects.
- Responsible for the processing, reviewing, coding, tracking and general ledger posting of construction draws for multiple projects.
- Maintain the project budget in the system making sure the approved budget is entered. Update the budgets in the system only with proper approval.
- Interact with internal and external customers, other accounting team members, asset managers, property managers and all necessary departments to ensure prompt resolution of issues and achieve maximum efficiency of operations.
- Verify, review and analyze property general ledgers on both cash and accrual and market value basis ensuring accuracy and adherence to established accounting policies and procedures. Responsible for general and advanced accounting functions and for meeting the accounting department calendar deadlines.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting
- 5 + yrs. experience in construction accounting
- Experience in cost accounting and budgeting
- Advanced Excel (pivot tables, V look ups)
- Need to have proof of COVID vaccination - onsite position
Vaco's accounting and finance team is made up of senior and executive-level industry veterans from public accounting firms and industry. We have done the audits, managed compliance with new regulations, and navigated mergers, integrations, and other demanding projects.
We have direct relationships with hiring managers, so you can expect that we proactively market your skill set to prospective clients that we mutually agree make sense- promoting your strengths to our client relationships.
Our projects typically last between 3 months and 6 months, but often go longer than expected. As the project has a clear end date, Vaco will work to secure a reference from the client and begin marketing for our next engagement.
At Vaco, your career goals guide our efforts. We see you; we hear you, and we are here to help. That is why we not only work to find you a great opportunity, but we also provide you with the support and resources you need to succeed. We offer comprehensive and affordable benefits so you can focus your energy on more important matters like achieving your personal and professional goals.