You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
LHI is one of 4 businesses under OptumServe. OptumServe provides health care services and proven expertise to help federal government agencies modernize the U.S. health system and improve the health and well - being of Americans. By joining OptumServe you are part of the family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a leader across most major segments in the U.S. health care system.
LHI was founded in 1999 and acquired by Optum in 2011, LHI specializes in creating and managing health care programs through on - location services, patient - specific in - clinic appointments, telehealth assessments, or any combination based on customer need. LHI's customizable solutions serve the diverse needs of commercial customers, as well as federal and state agencies, including the U.S. Departments of Defense, Veterans Affairs, and Health and Human Services.
There’s an energy and excitement here, a shared mission to improve the lives of others as well as our own. Ready for a new path? Start doing your life’s best work.SM
Responsible for contacting medical and / or dental healthcare professionals to retrieve missing or incomplete documentation of requested services and ensure customer / contract specifications are being met. Inform and educate office providers on expectations of service delivery and appropriate documentation of medical / dental services. Analyze order requests and determine appropriate course of action based on contract specifications with varied requirements and specific service component expectations.
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday - Friday. Employees are required to work our normal business hours of 8:00am – 5:00pm. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime or weekends.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Contact health care providers and customers by telephone using inbound / outbound phone queue to retrieve missing medical and / or dental components on service paperwork. Including discussing medical and / or dental services with providers to ensure services are completed correctly and up to the customer / LHI contract guidelines
- Update internal LHI and external customer database(s) by inputting medical and / or dental service results and initiating appropriate task in event tree; clearly and concisely document updated notes and make changes to service documentation
- Review all medical / dental service orders to ensure strict turnaround times are met; assist various LHI departments to ensure customer designated time frames are met by contacting Customers, and/or internal operational departments of outstanding issues and resolve discrepancies to ensure services requested by customer are completed in expeditious timeframes
- Review hand - written paper documentation from provider and transpose and transcribe medical information onto fillable electronic form to ensure accurate transfer and final medical review that includes profiling and status changes of customer records
- Utilize external databases to update medical readiness services for employee. This includes multiple component databases. This could include ordering eyewear prescriptions, medical exceptions, and mobilizing / readiness status
- Urgent requests are processed in stricter time frame turnarounds established outside contract requirements
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 2+ years of data entry and customer service experience
- Knowledge of healthcare documentation and terminology
- Intermediate computer skills and with Microsoft Excel (general spreadsheet navigation, data entry and data sorting), Microsoft PowerPoint (creating, editing and delivering presentations), Microsoft Outlook (calendar and email), and Microsoft Word (creating and editing documents)
- Electronic file / database management experience
- Must be able to work 8 hour shift between the hours of 8:00am – 6:00pm
- Ability to work overtime as the business needs
- Associate’s Degree (or higher) in Business, Health Information Technology, Medical and or related field
- National Career Readiness Certificate
- Medical or dental transcription
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
- Ability to perform detailed work with a high degree of accuracy
- Strong analytical thinking, multi - tasking, organizational and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to influence and be assertive through use of verbal, written and interpersonal means with a diverse group of people / disciplines at all levels of an organization
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team and must be able to problem solve and propose solutions in a fast paced environment
- Must demonstrate an appropriate level of assertiveness in performing work responsibilities under time - sensitive deadlines established by contract requirements
- Willingness to work special projects as directed
- Must be able to recognize inconsistencies in data
- Proficient typing ability
- Must be able to recognize inconsistencies in data
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Military & Veterans find your next mission: We know your background and experience is different and we like that. UnitedHealth Group values the skills, experience and dedication that serving in the military demands. In fact, many of the values defined in the service mirror what the UnitedHealth Group culture holds true: Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance. Whether you are looking to transition from active duty to a civilian career, or are an experienced veteran or spouse, we want to help guide your career journey. Learn more at https://uhg.hr/transitioning-military
Learn how Teresa, a Senior Quality Analyst, works with military veterans and ensures they receive the best benefits and experience possible. https://uhg.hr/vet
Careers with LHI. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in cost-effective health care management. And when you join our team, you'll be a partner in impacting the lives of our customers, and employees. We've joined OptumHealth, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the health system work better for everyone. We're located on the banks of the beautiful Mississippi River in La Crosse, Wis., with a satellite office in Chicago and remote employees throughout the United States. We're supported by a national network of more than 25,000 medical and dental providers. Simply put, together we work toward a healthier tomorrow for everyone. Our team members are selected for their dedication and mission-driven focus. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $15.00 - $22.02. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $15.00 - $24.13. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare, Optum, health care, office, phone support, customer service, billing, training class, now hiring, jobs, career, work at home, work from home, WAH, WFH, remote, telecommute, hiring immediately, #RPO