Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
The Senior Director, Enterprise Clinic Due Diligence is responsible for professionally collaborating with the Senior Vice President, Enterprise Clinical Due Diligence directly assisting with the anticipated growth strategy for the multi-state Enterprise market. This role has assistive accountability for successful collaboration with the clinical and administrative team members, and works cross-functionally with corporate and market interdisciplinary, functional areas (e.g., acquisitions, contracting, credentialing, accounts receivable, billing, claims, compliance, legal, marketing, sales, medical management, finance, member services, information technology, compliance, and facilities) to achieve established market goals and objectives from potential acquisition through clinical due diligence to integration of the clinical practice and final transition to the Clinical Operations team. Works in tandem with the Senior Director, Enterprise Operations Due Diligence, serving as the clinical expert, to review, identify, and document all clinical and supportive operational processes of a potential and/or acquired clinic. Directly partners with the Acquisition team, Integrations team, Clinical Operations team and the Market to ensure capability of certain projects and to provide necessary information to achieve cooperative planning.
This role is an influential senior clinical leader who must operationally engage both clinical and administrative leaders and staff to facilitate successful market acquisitions while mitigating operational risk to the organization.
- Actively participates as a member of the healthcare leadership team
- Assist in defining and documenting strategic and operational clinic due diligence assessment, planning, and execution for the Enterprise Clinical Due Diligence team in support of the corporate strategy for each market.
- Collaborate the creation and execution of a comprehensive enterprise due diligence plan in collaboration with the Acquisition and Integration teams, and Clinical Operations team as required, to best support the corporate strategy for each market
- Facilitate and lead high level transition process to communicate and manage provider expectations in regard to clinic operational transition and implementation
- Facilitate relationship with Clinic Integration, Implementation, and Clinical Operations teams to triage culture needs and development of individualized implementation plan
- Drive and direct pre-close transition plan and ensure seamless handoff to Integration and Implementation team and Market leadership; in coordination with the VP, Corporate Development, when necessary, adjusts acquisition and transition plans while identifying ongoing issues, concerns and gaps to ensure alignment of objectives
- Work with Clinic Integration and Implementation teams and Market leadership to ensure effective resolution
- Define structure and process, consulting with subject matter expertise, to manage clinic due diligence activities and plans
- Ensure key milestones are met by support functions (e.g., Information Technology, Practice Health and Safety Assessment (PHSA) team, Human Capital, Facility Management, and Compliance)
- Collaboratively work to mitigate barriers and resolve issues to support a timely acquisition close
- Conduct post-integration evaluation of services plan and process and implements appropriate changes/amendments to optimize efficiencies
- Establish and maintain appropriate reporting systems and scorecards for measuring necessary aspects of operational management and development. Conducts routine analysis to measure outcomes and routinely communicates results of best/leading practices and improvement opportunities
- Drive the implementation of processes and system enhancements which will improve the overall quality and service provided by the Clinical Due Diligence team
- Participate in budgeting, forecasting and reporting for Clinical Due Diligence
- Provide cross-functional leadership across the enterprise by maintaining open communication, identifying, resolving cross functional issues, and continually improving cross- functional policies/procedures/workflows and support systems
- Proactively facilitate staff development to achieve the goals and objectives of each assigned market
- Conduct research and complex analysis to interpret clinical information to make informed decisions and recommendations to key stakeholders based on current evidence-based practice
- Maintain a personal level of professionalism through attendance at required meetings and evaluating problematic issues using all available resources for resolution - these interactions should cultivate relationships with clinical and administrative teams for customer development and knowledge sharing
- Encourage, initiate, and participate in cross functional/departmental discussions and initiatives to remove barriers and improve communications and workflows
- Identify, direct, communicate, and execute continuous quality improvement activities or processes to ensure initiative outcomes are met in a timely and scalable manner
- Maintain on-going communication with the Senior Vice President, Enterprise Clinical Due Diligence and Senior Director, Enterprise Clinic Due Diligence with routine updates on operational updates, issues, concerns and other pertinent information
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Active, unrestricted Nurse Practioner license in Texas and Florida as applicable
- 8+ years’ experience working in a healthcare clinical environment
- 7+ years in depth analytical and organizational experience using data mining, analytical and reporting skills, and understanding of operational reports
- 5+ years’ experience in a senior management role
- Extensive knowledge of the healthcare industry and related business functions.
- Knowledge of regulatory and accrediting standards relating to clinic operations.
- Ability to review and interpret data and make recommendations to senior management
- Able to effectively present to mid-level and executive-level audiences
- Ability to effectively work and problem solve with people in other departments and/or outside of the enterprise
- Knowledge of current principles, practices, and trends in leadership and resource management
- Experience providing leadership and direction for short- and long-range strategic planning
- Advanced experience and proficiency in Microsoft® Office products including: Power Point, Word, Project and Excel. Basic knowledge in Tableau
- Local and overnight travel is required – 50-75% of the time
- This position requires Tuberculosis screening as well as proof of immunity to Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis through lab confirmation of immunity, documented evidence of vaccination, or a doctor’s diagnosis of disease
- You will be provisioned with appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and are required to perform this role with patients and members on site, as this is an essential function of this role
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- Master’s degree in Nursing, Healthcare Administration, or Business related field
- 10+ years working directly with clinical/healthcare environment in the ambulatory care setting
- 8+ years in corporate/business setting, managed care, and/or health system
- 8+years proficiency in healthcare operational project management
- 8+ years proven ability to integrate large-scale systemic change programs with wide range of stakeholders and department managers – analyze outcomes driving optimal care delivery results
- Able to establish cooperative and collaborative working relationships in the course of performing assigned duties
- Proficient understanding of regulatory and accreditation bodies, e.g., COLA, Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA), The Joint Commission (TJC), Primary Care Medical Home (PCMH)
- Professional interpersonal skills and presentation skills
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 550,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Nurse Practioner, San Antonio, TX, Clinical, Leadership, Travel, Arlington, TX, Texas