Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
A specialty pharmacy provides critical medications used to treat people with serious health conditions requiring complex therapies. Optum Specialty Pharmacy (OSP) takes a hands-on approach to patient care that makes a meaningful imprint on the health and quality of life of each patient. Over the last decade, specialty plan costs have grown 20X the rate versus traditional prescription drugs. As a result, specialty drugs represent almost half of U.S. drug revenue, growing at 8-10% CAGR. OSP, the 3rd largest specialty pharmacy in the U.S., is well-positioned to capture this market growth and serve as an important growth engine for Optum.
As a senior member of Optum Specialty Finance team, the position will play a key role as the financial advisor and strategic partner to the business, drive innovation and foster development to support the growth of the OSP business. The Director of Specialty Finance will support growth initiatives across the Specialty Sales and Payor teams, including driving business analytics and insight.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Partner with finance and business leaders to develop growth strategies; work collaboratively with other leaders across the organization
- Lead finance support of the OSP Business Development organization; partner closely with OSP Business Development leadership in establishing sales targets, measuring performance, and driving market out-performance across the U.S.
- Support payor pricing strategy, including finance leadership of the contracting cycle
- Drive business analytics, including the development and support of financial tools/dashboards that positively impact business performance
- Collaborate with Optum finance teams to support core FP&A cycles (forecasting, budgeting and long-range planning)
- Manage resources, engage cross-functional teams, manage multiple priorities, navigate the organization, build relationships to support growth initiatives
- Strong understanding of business and ability to prioritize work efforts to meet requirements.
- Support efforts to leverage tools and drive consistent reporting
- Proactively seek opportunities to improve process or infrastructure and influence change
- Assess control infrastructure; ensure controls support organizational changes and growth
- Identify development opportunities, process improvements, best practices
- Engage with other Optum teams to understand business needs; identify opportunities to support business growth and optimize existing infrastructure. Understand Optum data initiatives and align to projects as appropriate
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- BA/BS in Finance, Accounting or related field
- 8+ years of relevant, high-impact financial experience
- 4+ years of management experience
- 4 + years Financial Systems experience, including exposure to innovation
- Experience communicating complex thoughts in a clear, concise and timely manner both in written and oral form
- Exceptional financial acumen
- Proven ability to drive business performance in a high-growth environment
- Proven ability to anticipate issues, assess implications and implement appropriate action plans
- Proven ability to partner with the business and guide decisions to ensure operating and financial performance objectives are met
- Proven ability to proactively identify financial and operating issues and partner with the business to find solutions
- Demonstrated combination of creativity and discipline applied to execution of scalable new growth initiatives
- MBA or CPA or other advanced degree
- Enterprise Systems experience
- Experience with risk-bearing entities
- Experience in an IT Finance business area
- Knowledge of SQL, SAS
- Advanced Systems skills including Peoplesoft and Essbase
- Collaborative and flexible style, with solid service mentality and passion for Finance team development
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with OptumRx. We're one of the largest and most innovative pharmacy benefits managers in the US, serving more than 12 million people nationwide. Here you'll fill far more than prescriptions. As a member of one of our pharmacy teams, you're empowered to be your best and do whatever it takes to help each customer. You'll find unrivaled support and training as well as a wealth of growth and development opportunities driven by your performance and limited only by your imagination. Join us. There's no better place to help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The Salary range for Colorado, Connecticut and Nevada residents is $134,200 to $257,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.