Senior Discovery Paralegal (Family Law)
Who YOU Are:
Are YOU at the point in your career where you want to create excellence in a team-oriented environment where your legal knowledge and leadership skills can shine and be honed? Do YOU want to join an influential San Antonio-based law firm where you can flex your legal muscles with the greater goal of helping our clients transform their lives? Are YOU looking for a high-level role where you contribute to the firm’s overall voice and vision?
In other words – You are looking for work that has a purpose. You aren’t afraid to roll up your sleeves and get stuff done. You learn quickly. You move fast. You love a good challenge. You are just as comfortable working in a team of paralegals as you are preparing a case for litigation. You believe you have something unique to contribute and aren’t afraid to raise your hand. You are looking for a place to grow and an environment where everyone has a seat at the table and is genuinely welcome.
Who WE Are:
THL is a team of intelligent, talented people who change lives through skilled family law work and collaboration. We pursue excellence in all we do, but never at the expense of our values. We seek opportunities to be of service to others and our communities. There’s no denying our work is demanding, both in volume and page. Still, we love the balance of hard work and fun—you’ll see us out on the town venturing into local San Antonio eateries and participating in “Fri’Yay” (Friday) activities just when you least expect it. We are committed to your development and want to set you up for success here at THL and beyond.
We’re Better TOGETHER:
A bright, driven person like you and a growing powerhouse like THL? It’s a colossal combination! We genuinely want to see you succeed here and become an integral part of our mission to help every family achieve their new happily ever after, whatever that looks like for them. We are looking for a seasoned family law paralegal to join our practice, who shares our core values, is a special self-starter, wants to build a career at our firm, and is ready to rock and roll from day one.
- Draft enforcement actions, divorce petitions and orders, SAPCR modifications, termination of parental rights suits, adoption petitions, among other family law documents?
- Write rings around other paralegals in concise, well-researched prose?
- Manage complex and challenging cases and clients in a way that reflects our cultural values?
- Draft discovery requests and responses?
- Keep track of discovery and trial deadlines?
- Work with and help grow a team of paralegals for case preparation and submission?
- Attend on the job-training CLEs without interruption?
- Work independently, but also work alongside and collaborate with a dedicated team?
- Manage multiple deadlines and handle staff questions without breaking a sweat?
- Interact and communicate with our clients and team members from a place of compassion while adhering to the firm’s missions, values, and goals?
- Network like a boss and make contacts who might need our firm in the future?
- Be involved in the local legal community to rep the firm?
If you’ve been nodding “yes” to most of these questions, you’re probably the unicorn we’re looking for…and we want to hear from you! We offer a salary ranging from $74,000+, along with incentives, paid time off, the option to work remotely, health insurance, personal branding headshots, retirement, and the opportunity to attend our inaugural firm retreat. To apply, email a short cover letter, your resume, and a writing sample to our CEO, Artessia K. House [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]). The email should tell us where you are currently, why you’re looking to make a change, and how your skills can benefit Tess House Law and our clients.