Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Optum is seeking an Integration Engineer to join a highly visible and dynamic team with responsibilities to assess, plan, and deliver IT integration services to our business partners.
As a key member of this team, you will engineer the custom architected solutions of newly acquired companies, minimizing business disruption and ensuring the company is maximizing the value of acquisition through integration.
In this role, you will partner with Integration Engagement Architects/Managers and be responsible for understanding the business and technical requirements of the engagement. You will work with application owners, DBAs, OS engineers, network engineers, facilities, and various technical departments to achieve the integration goals. This will require gathering and vetting technical requirements for the project, assist with cost estimation, design logical diagrams, create specification documents for implementations, develop Infrastructure-as-Code, and work with team members to deliver the needed requirements on time.
As an Integration Engineer you will communicate effectively and quickly gain the trust of the audience based on knowledge and expertise. You need have robust business/technical acumen and consistently strive to exceed expectations. You would be described as forward thinking, strategic, collaborative, and determined. Integration Engineers are self-starters, possess integrity, take ownership when things don't go as planned, and use their technical resourcefulness to deliver resolution. Willingness to take control of a situation, see it through to resolution, escalating as needed the proper team, and going the extra mile when it may require working outside the box.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Influence internal peer teams to adapt services and processes to better meet integration requirements
- Present to Business/IT teams on Optum’s infrastructure and hosting services and identify the benefits of hosting and/or integrating with Optum
- Daily meetings with team and customers/application teams to gather requirements, lead technical conversations
- Provide input on RFPs/RFIs/SOWs and translate high-level architecture diagrams into cost estimations, system logical designs, specification documents for implementation, and develop Infrastructure-as-Code to support recommended solutions
- Maintain technical knowledge of current and emerging technologies / products / trends related to security and architectural solutions
- Work effectively in a diverse organization spread across multiple locations
- Willingness to put in the effort, working outside normal business hours, if necessary, to meet project timelines
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- B.S. Computer Science, Software Engineering, Management Information Systems or equivalent
- 3+ years of IT business integration architecture experience in a fast-paced and growth-oriented environment
- Broad IT background with knowledge in various technologies, hosting platforms and concepts/methodologies (Examples
- Compute, Storage, Networking, Load Balancing, Firewalls, Backups, Disaster Recovery, Monitoring, Edge Security, Desktop technologies, Application Hosting, Call Centers and Microsoft 365
- Hosting Platforms
- Public Cloud (Azure/GCP/AWS)
- Hybrid Cloud
- Private Cloud
- CI/CD, DevOps, Agile Methodologies, Multi-Tier Architecture
- Familiarity with various security/regulatory processes including standards & issues involved in multi-tier cloud or hybrid applications
- Ability to discuss cloud architecture and principles of modern platforms including SaaS, PaaS, multi-tenancy, multi-tiered infrastructure, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to influence opinion without direct managerial control
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- 2+ years in a customer-facing pre-sales, consulting, or systems integrator role engaging with large high-tech organizations
- 2+ years of M&A integration experience
- Proven ability of developing relationships across technical, management, and executive levels
- Sound understanding of industry standards around data privacy, risk management, and compliance requirements
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and timelines while keeping customers, team and leadership aware of status
- Highly motivated with proven success meeting commitments in a deadline-driven environment with multiple competing priorities
- Crisp, articulate written and verbal communication skills
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
The salary range for Colorado residents is $79,700 to$142,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment
Job Keywords: Sr I O Engineer, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Work from Home, Remote, Eden Prairie, MN, Minnesota