Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Responsible for providing direct interface to customers, suppliers and product. Engineering organization, specially focused on Seat Assembly, Overhead system assembly, Tube Bending and diverse Welding Processes.
2. Develops and implements Metals and Assembly Related processes, methods, tools, equipment, and controls for the manufacturer of products and components consistent with obtaining and maintaining design integrity, optimum costs, quality, inventories, and investment in facilities. Activities will include all aspects of prototype development and builds.
3. Actively applies new manufacturing technologies and aggressively evaluates and reports on manufacturing opportunities which will contribute to the plant's objectives and goals.
4. Participates in the product design activity to assure optimum productivity and costs. Suggests alternative designs, materials, or processes. Must be capable of resolving all problems while maintaining good rapport with customers.
5. Maintains effective communications with all people affected by projects and issues operating instructions when required. Issues periodic status reports to keep affected personnel informed.
6. Prepares manufacturing studies to determine optimum manufacturing costs, quality, and inventories and/or evaluates feasibility for new or existing products, processes or materials.
7. Recommends changes for the most practical and economical manufacturing processes, including material, labor, tooling, equipment, and ancillary factors.
8. Participates in selecting, approving, and developing tooling and equipment to satisfy manufacturing requirements and product design intent.
9. Provides customer liaison as relates to product design and engineering matters.
10. Coordinates new processes implementation and training. Insures that all relevant tooling is capable of making required product to meet all timing goals.
11. Serves as resource person to process changes, problem solving committee, etc., to insure product design intent is not jeopardized.
12. Actively pursues quality improvements in the manufacturing process.
13. Serves as champion of Pre-Launch Team of all new programs. Issue minutes of the meetings. Maintain and issue status of all required reports of new programs, ie, A.Q.P. checklist, issues lists and feasibility assessments. Creates and maintains new program review documentation.
14. Researches and implements state of the art technology to assure that product design is manufactured in most capable/cost effective manner possible. Insures that product design allows for these state of the art technologies.
15. Works closely with Manufacturing Group in Plymouth to provide direction to ensure plants are pursuing the latest technology.
16. Work closely with lean manufacturing teams to update key process indicators such as:
* Quick Tool Change
* Weld cell Utilization
* Tool performance
* Jobs per hour
* Lean Manufacturing Implementation.
* Line balance charts
17. Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
Environmental, Health & Safety:
- Ensure the protection of the environment, prevention of pollution and the continual improvement of the Environmental Management System.
- Providing leadership in developing measures and practices that prevent accident and ensure compliance with OSHA and EPA/TCEQ standards. This includes: continuously monitor the workplace for hazardous environmental, health, and safety conditions.
- Ensure environmental, health and safety hazards are corrected, eliminated or guarded
- Assessing engineering controls, administrative controls, and PPE on an on-going basis
- Assisting in the investigation of accidents. This includes:
- Identifying hazardous situations that are associated with the accident
- Having the authority to: Stop and prevent unsafe actions; stop the use of unsafe equipment and tools, stop work and/or have employees leave a work area
- Investigate all near misses and other environmental/safety-related incidents that have occurred within the incident area
- Ensure the results of environmental/safety audits are documented; monitoring the investigation of accidents and injuries; ensuring that corrective actions are taken; and providing recommendations for ways to prevent similar accidents
- Ensure that all incident reports are completed in a timely and accurate manner
- COMPANY INFORMATION: Adient is a global leader in automotive seating. We produce and deliver automotive seating for all major OEMs. From complete seating systems to individual components, our expertise spans every step of the automotive seat-making process. Our integrated, in-house skills allow us to take our products from research and design to engineering and manufacturing - and into more than 23 million vehicles every year.
COMPANY INFORMATION: Adient is a global leader in automotive seating. We produce and deliver automotive seating for all major OEMs. From complete seating systems to individual components, our expertise spans every step of the automotive seat-making process. Our integrated, in-house skills allow us to take our products from research and design to engineering and manufacturing - and into more than 23 million vehicles every year.